5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Prevent Fraud clicks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting 250 - 300 clicks within 2-3 minutes but after 30 minutes it actually remains 2 - 3 clicks for one of my campaign. Can anyone suggest me how to prevent this mass fraud clicks ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Prevent Fraud clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI sudipseo

There are systems in place that detect these clicks and either filter them from the account or credit you back what has been deemed suspicious by Google. Here is some information-

Invalid clicks

and also read-

How Google detects invalid clicks

Identify and fix invalid click issues

I hope this helps to put your mind at rest, good luck Smiley Happy

Best regards

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Look at your logs and block the offending IP Address in your .htaccess file.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

davidlip wrote:

Look at your logs and block the offending IP Address in your .htaccess file.

David, how would this help the advertiser? The click is logged once the ad is clicked, and whether or not the visitor reaches the website or not (after being redirected by Google) is of no importance for the financial aspect.

Apart from that, one of the AdWords' policies is that your website should be accessible 100%. And a click that does not go through is detected by Google, which is something that can lead to a suspension.

Therefore I would advise against blocking IPs in .htaccess files, as it is against the policies and does not save money either.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.