AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Post click conversion tracking for non-display Ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am running a Campaign where I need to find out  the number of instances (on a per keyword basis) where visitors click on a Text Ad, do not convert on that visit but come back later through some other channel and convert. I know this is possible to track on the Display Network through View through conversions but can I also get this data for Text Ads?

Thanks,

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Post click conversion tracking for non-display Ads?

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey There,

Welcome to the forum!

If you have your account linked to Google Analytics, you can look at the Multi-Channel Funnels > Assisted Conversions report. This report will tell you the number of conversions for which a channel appeared on the conversion path, but was not the final conversion interaction. 

You can dig down into Campaign, Ad Group, Keyword, and Ad Headline metrics.

You can find this report under the Conversion group in Google Analytics.

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but what I was after was reporting at the keyword and not channel level. Here is my scenario (and question)

Say I have created a conversion A in AdWords and placed it on page B of my site. Someone clicks on one of my ppc ads and lands on page C and then comes to page C BUT does not convert

THE SAME guy now comes back 4 days later through organic search and converts on page B. My question is

1) Will this be counted as a conversion from an AdWords perspective? given that the conversion did not happen on the visit from ppc ad?

2) Is yes, then will it be reported for the keyword that brought in the original visit?

You see, I need this information at the keyword/ad level and not channel level to be able to do meaningful optimizations

Thanks,

DS

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey awordsnb,

If you setup conversion tracking through AdWords and not Analytics, then you can use AdWords Search Funnels report rather than looking at Analytics Multi-Channel Funnels. You can find this report via the AdWords interface under 'Tools and Analysis > Conversions' section. Once in this section, you will see a 'Search Funnels' link on the left hand side of the page. You will want to look at the Assisted Conversions report.

To answer your questions:

1.) This would be counted as an Assisted Conversion from AdWords perspective.

2.) Yes, you can dig down to the keyword level to see which generated an assisted conversion.

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi BI,

If I understand it right, the Search Funnels only show data for PPC clicks? What if the conversion happens by someone coming direct and converting on Visit 2 after coming in from Visit 1 through a PPC Ad?

Thanks,

DS