AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Possible to exclude single location extension?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Is it possible to exclude a single location from showing up as a location extension for a retail store? Our office is listed as one of the places under the My Business account and it is being served as a retail location. If possible we'd still like to claim the office in case anyone is actually looking for office, but don't want it to show up in our AdWords account as a retail store location. Is this even possible? Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CBWY5
September 2015

Re: Possible to exclude single location extension?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
HI,

from here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en
you can read the following:

When you have a campaign or ad group meant to drive traffic to a website or call center, rather than a brick-and-mortar store, you might want to prevent your business address from showing with its ads. Here’s how to prevent addresses from showing with your campaign or ad group, when you’re using upgraded location extensions.

Remove all addresses from a campaign or ad group

Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
Click the Campaigns tab and select one of your campaigns.
Click the Ad Extensions tab.
Select View: Location extensions from the drop-down menu above the extensions table.
Choose Upgraded in the drop-down menu next to View: Location extensions.
Choose Campaign extension or Ad group extension, depending on whether you want to remove addresses for a campaign or ad group.
Click + EXTENSION.
Choose the campaign or ad group you want to prevent addresses from showing with.
Click on the drop-down menu that says “Use campaign location extension” or “Use ad group location extensions,” and choose Disable location extensions.
Click Save. You’ll see this campaign or ad group listed as “Disabled.”

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you for the response. I was able to remove the extension from the campaign built around our specific store, but do you know if it's possible to remove extension from an entire account? We'd still like to claim the location on the My Business page, but do not want it to show ever as a location extension on any other campaign that may show for people in the area as we have a decent amount of campaigns targeting the entire country and a fair amount of traffic for all campaigns in this specific area where our office is located.

I suppose I could just make the sames changes to each campaign as I did for the specific store campaign, but if it's possible at the account level that would be optimal.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I'm not 100% sure about it but i think the only option for excluding it for the profile is to delete it from My Business which is not a option for you. Better exclude it from current active campaigns and when you create a new one you can always copy the settings from other active cmp so you won't need to do it every single time.