Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Popups Affect Quality Score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone,

I was curious as to whether a popup can potentially affect QS. My team and I were sitting around kicking a few ideas around and we came across a great LP with a fantastic popup. That's where the idea came up on whether we could utilize a popup to help improve quality score (or on the flip-side, would it hurt QS).

So my question is, in terms of packing in relative KWs/information in a popup -- will this affect QS at all?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tyler C
April 2016

Re: Popups Affect Quality Score

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tyler,

Can QS be impacted, sure, anything on a landing page can potentially impact QS. However, before you get too far, I would definitely suggest you review the policies about popups here: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Tommy,

Thanks for the link! I was actually just reading a blog post about popups before I posted and the blog post lead me to believe as long as the popup doesn't force a reader off of the page it would pass. From the looks of it, Google disagrees with that statement.

Thanks again!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Tyler C;

I would reiterate the Tommy's suggestion to read the Policy;
>>Promotions or content that are unnecessarily difficult or frustrating to navigate - NOT allowed;

Examples: Websites with pop-ups or interstitial ads that interfere with the user's ability to see the content requested;

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’