AdWords
6.8K members online now
6.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Poor landing page experience with original and targeted content?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

I adapted the following landing page: http://www.sacriana.com/fr/products/whisky-irelande-jameson-miniature-mix-pack-x-2 to improve landing page experience for the following keywords: "jameson whiskey", "jameson whisky". We are currently selling these products to French speaking people and I gave a complete description of these in French on the page. Google gives a QS  4/10 to the keywords. When looking in details it is because of poor landing page experience. 

Any idea why Google considers the page above as poor quality for the keywords jameson whiskey or jameson whisky?  

Is it because Sacriana.com is a private sales site (showing prices only to members), because it sells alcohol or for another reason? 

Thanks for your feedback

Alex

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alexandre C
September 2015

Re: Poor landing page experience with original and targeted content?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello there;

A few issues here:

A landing page experience is measured by the overall  "content theme"  of the web page and not per  a given keyword.

I liked this landing page. A few minor changes could be recommended. But, those are "arguable" due to the nature of the product (a luxury product).  Generally speaking, this is a good landing page. (I liked the technical summary on the side). 

In terms of conversion (not CTR): the question is why can't a user buy without being a member? (Offer to purchase, and later contact the user by email- offering to become a member.)

As for the QS:  QS is first and foremost CTR. Work on the CTR to improve the QS. (i.e. the "usual stuff": keyword match type, tightly themed ad-copy...)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Moshe, Thanks for you comments. Actual CTR is above 5% on search for this ad group but volume is very low so I suppose QS is not evolving positively so far because of overall medium account QS.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
+ on top, regarding why users can't buy immediately is because we have an agreement with wine partners who offer great deals only for logged in members. Since they are also selling same wines to other B2B resellers at higher price, this is the acceptable compromise. It's kind of the same model as with Gilt.com but for wines.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again Alex;
QS is a relative metric. There are competitive fields in which it's very hard to improve QS. (e.g. If most advertisers had an average CTR of 5%, the average QS  would be 4-5. You need a much higher CTR to get a higher QS in those fields). If CTR is not changed significantly, you will not see a change in QS.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’