AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Poor Quality scores after account hacked

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My Adwords account got hacked last month and some very broad keywords were added. I've since fixed this but now I'm finding that my quality scores are very low which is affecting performance. I have keywords that have a quality score of 9/10 on Bing ads and 2/10 on Adwords. These keywords used to have a high quality score on Adwords before the account got hacked and I've not made any changes to these keywords either. At first I thought that after a while, the Quality scores would increase again since I know that Quality Scores can fluctuate when a campaign is reactivated but it's nearly been a month now. Has anyone else had this problem? What could be wrong? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Poor Quality scores after account hacked

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yep; It takes long time to recover from poor performance. Has it happened in all campaigns or just one?
In rare cases, I would consider closing the account and open a new one. But, this only if all other options were exhausted,

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi MosheTLV,

It seems to have happened across the account.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hmm... This is a borderline case... Iא  would be tough to give advice without  in-depth look into the account. 

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’