Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Poor Quality Score: Please help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi friends,

I have been running Adwords campaign since long. One of the major problems I have been facing is low Quality Score. I have read many articles and followed advises but all in vain. It remains 3 all the time. The following things I have done already:

1.    Adding relevant keywords to relevant ad groups.
2.    Presence of keywords in ad text and display URL.
3.    Presence of keywords in landing page content, meta-tags etc.

One of the major factors of QS is CTR, which also remains low, around 0.50%. If it is the only reason of low QS then I tried improving it too. I have raised bids, average position remains 3-4 and I can’t increase bids as the budget is tight. So, I will have to work on improving QS only.

Please suggest what measures I can take to fix the issue.

Any question, please ask.

Thanks
Pankaj

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Poor Quality Score: Please help

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Raising bids isn´t any use as QS is relative to other ad(vertisers) in the same position.

A CTR of 0,5% in average position 3-4 sounds like low. You probably need to use more narrow keyword match types to get a better match between search query and ad.

I´d do this:

1. Run a search term report

2. Pause and add keywords with different match types depending on result of 1.

3. Add negative keywords.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, helpinghands,

Welcome to adwords community,

can you please confirm me you are running search network campaign or display network campaign, If you are running both in sngle campaign, then make seperate campaign for both. 

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello, helpinghands,

Welcome to adwords community,

can you please confirm me you are running search network campaign or display network campaign, If you are running both in sngle campaign, then make seperate campaign for both. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi David,

Thank you for suggesting tips. However, I use different match type of the same keyword. For example: if dog food is the keyword then I am using it in three types of keyword matches(dog food, "dog food", [dog food]). So, how can I narrow match types, please suggest? Also, kindly suggest if I am doing wrong by using all three of the types.

I will follow your #1 and #2 suggestions today. I have added enough negatives and so far I haven't recieved any loose click. All of the search terms are targeted.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Suman,

Thank you for the reply.

I am running search network campaign at present.

Thanks

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj,

Well I would suggest you, not to have large numbers of keywords in an adgroup. Place keywords that are closely relevant and traffic oriented. Go through search term report management and assess your keywords.

In order to increase CTR, put more emphasis on writing appealing ad-copies. Use some Click-to-call words, describe your products/services qualities and benefits, introduce some offers (if any).

Sometimes it is required to optimize your website(Landing Page) in search networks for better quality score. Keep trying alteration with keywords in title tag, meta tags and contents on site.

I hope thi swould work.

Thanks with regards,

Anand Vishwakarma

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Are you running on Search Partners?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Anand,

I have been using selected keywords only, which are highly relevant to the resective adgroups.

I keep writing appealing ad copies.

Yes, landing page has content, meta tags etc.

I have been using one customized PPC landing page for all of the adgruops. Is it a problem? Should I design different landing pages for different adgroups? For example: one landing page for wedsite design and development, one for seo and so on..

Will it increase Quality Score?

Please respond, looking forward to hear from you soon.

Thanks

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

I am running all of the campaigns on Google Search Network (Not Search Partners).

Thanks

Pankaj