3.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Plural Keywords - Which One To Remove?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So Google is telling me that I should remove redundant keywords. These are all the singular or plural versions of the keywords. Some of them suggest getting rid of the singular, some plural. 

However, looking into it to see whether I should actually do this, the keywords both seem to be pretty similar in terms of performance. 

Any thoughts on which one I should remove? If any? Personally, I don't know if removing one would be of any benefit...

Screenshot of my two keywords, one plural, one singular.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
May

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi @Adam C,

Opting any will trigger the ads for both, no matter what keyword match type you are using.

Analyse the previous data and continue with the one which performed well.

You can use both and test if you don't have any such historical data.

You may find the difference in CPC bids of both. So, if campaign is budget constraint then I would recommend you to go with the one having lower CPC.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Archit,

Thanks for your response.

My issue here is that they both seem to be doing equally well. I can't decide between them. I don't think the screenshot is showing, but if you go to the image URL you can see the data.

I am wondering whether I will see any benefit from removing one. They will both be triggered by the same search terms, so will there be any difference at all? 

Is it usually to go with the plural or singular? Or does it not matter?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Usually singular imparts research intent while plural a buying intent.

So, instead of removing, pause singular and analyse the data.

If you find a drop in conversions, re-enable those.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’