Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Plumber Ads in GDN using In-Market Audiences

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

trying and testing Plumber text ad in one local area using In-Market Audience targeting (Plumbing services selected under Home and Garden Services there).  Any tricks and tips I can use other than just this basic stuff Smiley Happy ?

Thank you,

Dmitry 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Plumber Ads in GDN using In-Market Audiences

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dmitry
I haven't had much luck with In-Market segments that are so specific. In general, more national accounts I've had a lot of success with using them.

From a tips and tricks point of view, there's not much. Just the usual. Test, test, TEST. Test your creative as much as possible, test the format of your creative and test the messaging. As soon as the data allows, you can start to drill down and focus on what (if anything) is converting. However, be aware that for professional services like plumbing, people tend to have an urgent need for them and they search for them at that time. When was the last time you saw an ad for a plumber, a carpenter or an electrician on the display network and thought "you know what, maybe I should get those pipes fixed or that wiring cleared up".

If you can make it work, I know that I for one would love to hear how you made it work. That's not to say that you can't, just that direct response tends to be a little more effective with things like this.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Dave, we'll test for sure

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You're welcome Dmitry
Sorry there's not much more I can give you on this.