AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Placement exclusion with Scripts or API?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to exclude placements automatically using scripts or the api if they have under X time on site, or have under X page / visitor. Does anybody know if this is possible?

Thanks,

Dennis

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Placement exclusion with Scripts or API?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dennis,

It's a pretty interesting logic which you are trying to put around the Placement Exclusion Tool. But I am afraid it's not available for regular advertisers.

I don't know but you might be interested in knowing whether this could be accomplished using Adwords API. This is the link to that forum.

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again Dennis,

When you say it is "not available for regular advertisers", does that mean it is available for some advertisers? if so, who?

No, what I meant was that there is a slight possiblity if the advertisers using Adwords API does have some clue about it. That's why I referred you to Adwords API forum in my prior post.

And yes, I would also encourage you to join the hangout and read the latest happening with scripts as Zee mentioned above.

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Dennis,

It's a pretty interesting logic which you are trying to put around the Placement Exclusion Tool. But I am afraid it's not available for regular advertisers.

I don't know but you might be interested in knowing whether this could be accomplished using Adwords API. This is the link to that forum.

Hope that helps somewhere!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Pankaj.

When you say it is "not available for regular advertisers", does that mean it is available for some advertisers? if so, who?

This is for an investment company that does not sell anything online, they are trying to get people to their site to inform them about what they do. They do have a whitepaper dl that we are tracking for U.S. visitors only, however time on site is what they are most concerned with.

With automatic placements, the sites that bring in high numbers of clicks are bringing quality visitors. However there are a large number of sites that are bringing less than 5 clicks in a 30 day period, a large number of these sites are bringing low quality clicks. The total number of clicks coming from these low quality / low volume sites is equal to that of the higher quality / volume sites. Can you recommend an easy way to exclude these low performing placements without manually going through and excluding them?

I am relevantly new to display advertising, so I am kinda clueless...

Thanks for the help!

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dennis, 

Here is a very useful blog posts that was published yesterday on AdWords sripts. I would also recommend you to join either the Hangout on Air or the webinar presentation run by the API team. 

Details: 

• On Tuesday, September 11th at 11:30am PST / 2:30am EST, we’ll be hosting a Hangout on Air through Google Developers Live, targeted to advertisers with more advanced coding skills. Questions asked via Moderator will be answered at the end of the presentation.
  • On Thursday, September 13th at 10amPST / 1pmEST, we’ll be hosting a Learn with Google webinar targeted to advertisers with basic JavaScript experience. During this webinar, we will provide an overview of what can be accomplished with Scripts, walk through ways to customize pre-set Scripts, and show you how to write Scripts from scratch. Click here to register.

Best,

Zee
G+
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again Dennis,

No, what I meant was that there is a slight possiblity if the advertisers using Adwords API does have some clue about it. That's why I referred you to Adwords API forum in my prior post.

And yes, I would also encourage you to join the hangout and read the latest happening with scripts as Zee mentioned above.

Pankaj