Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Pla Performance

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Everyone.

I finally got my feed categorized so i could breakdown my PLA's into product areas. Initially this saw a big improvement in sales and revenue, however recently it has dropped off, the only thing i have changed is adding a promotional message to the ads, stating free delivery on orders over £50.

I was wondering if anybody else has seen performance dip since adding a promotional message?

Many thanks

Jonathan

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Pla Performance

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jonathan, great question.

I think in your situation the first thing I'd be doing is trying some variations in the Promotional message.  I'll admit, the first thing that sprang to my mind when reading your current text was "OK, so I have to pay for delivery under £50" - in other words, for me the message was a negative rather than a positive influence.

Have you seen a change in clicks/CTR?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Jon,

Thanks for your response, I was concerned the offer could be viewed in such a way.

Unfortunately a number of competitors are claiming to offer free delivery when they actually don't, so it was an attempt to try and claw back some volume more than anything.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
sorry forgot to answer your question Smiley Happy Yes on a number of campaigns clicks and CTR have fallen.

Thanks

Jonathan