5.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Phone Number on the headline.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I saw few businesses putting their phone number on the headline when i search with my phone, How can I do that?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Phone Number on the headline.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You should enable the call extension. Go to a campaign and find the tab labeled ad extensions. On that tab look for a dropdown and select Call Extension. Read more about it here. https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah I know all about the call extension and how it works. But I'm talking about seeing the phone number on the headline itself when I search from my phone I find:-
Call: (xxx) xxx-xxxx
The URL
Ad Description
And also I see the call Button of that business. So that's why i'm wondering how can someone put their phone number right above the URL. Even though it's not appearing like that when i search from a desktop, however it appears whenever i search from my phone .

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hey Kirk,

You cannot add your phone number in the ad text. By using call extensions, you can have an additional text appended to your headline. When you target mobile phones, this extensions changes to a small 'call' button... which when clicked goes to the dial pad of your phone...
But on desktops, this will be seen as text next to your headline.

Hope that helps!
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

I would guess that the AdWords system is testing this new of way of serving "mobile preferred" ads to see if the format provides a better user experience.

Google often tests new ad layouts and formats--there's no way to opt in or out of such a test and Google does not disclose when or how tests are triggered. I would guess that advertiser has a set of ads checked for "mobile preferred" and that those are being used, in combination with the Phone Extension, to generate this test view.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just found out the solution for that, it was an option in the Call Extesion where it says If I want to show my phone number & the website or just my phone number.

If you choose the first option it will only show you the call button, but if you choose the 2nd option it will put your phone on the headline but the website it won't be click-able.

Thanks to wheoever replied, i hope this information helps you all. 

Thank you.

N/A
# 7
N/A

Hi Kirk,

Could you please tell me how you were able to do it exactly. I was trying to search for the option but could not find.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Google has introduced Call Only Ads and you can now simply create Call only ads from create new ad drop down in any ad group of a Search campaign and use the desired phone number in your ad. Your ad will only be visible on the mobile devices.

Hope it helps.

Regards