Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Performance evaluation and study

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all !

I guess this is a really broad question but I'm still hoping that someone could give me some tips.

I am pretty new to adwords and I have been working on a few accounts in the past three weeks.

I sometimes see the performance (conversions, clicks or impressions) going up or down suddenly without evident reason.

I would like to be able to study in depth my account to understand why this has happened and also find ways to improve my performance in general.

Are there any tools that could help me with that ?

Any advice or experience share may be useful, 

Thanks a lot ! 

Camille

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Performance evaluation and study

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Camille,

Adwords campaign optimization is a very broad subject.

Please go through the content in the link below.

That will be a good starting point.

https://support.google.com/adwords/topic/3121947?rd=3

Deepak

Re: Performance evaluation and study

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
In short, focus on the business goals for the client's accounts. This should mean following the trend over time. There may be daily spikes or dips in the performance metrics you mentioned, but day to day variances are expected and do not necessarily define a trend.

Check out the Search Terms Report to look for potential keywords to add to your negative keywords list, especially for brand new campaigns/ad groups/key words.

Spot trends over 30 day, last quarter, year-to-date and also compare this time frame to the same time frame for last year. This is appropriate for campaigns/ad groups/keywords that have spanned that time period. Do you see hundreds of impressions, but zero conversions, high bounce rate. etc.? Investigate that.

These are only a few tips and the list can get quite long. Bottom line, focus on the trends of your KPI's of your client's account and understand what factors affect them.