AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

People advertising on Adwords and selling ads..

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

So... my ads are down... a lot...

I go search google under the key words.. and.... I found out that other people are advertising a page with their own advertising results for the same key word... WTH???

Why would I want to advertise on goolge when Ask.com, Pronto.com, Zapmeta.com, are advertising their page results to show their own advertisement for the same thing???

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edgar L
September 2015

Re: People advertising on Adwords and selling ads..

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Edgar,

I think what you're talking about are "Arbitrage" websites mentioned in this post, where you enter a website and see no content but ads. They should not appear in AdWords results, you're right. Unfortunately such websites sometimes manage to slip through the approval process and are shown.

There's a feedback form for AdWords ads, so I guess it would be a good idea to fill it in and write some details about the wrong website you landed in. 

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Edgar, sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question.  Are you surprised that other companies can have their Ads appear on the same page as yours?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
I am not surprise to see other people advertising...

I am surprise to see what they are advertising...

Isn't against adwords rules to sell ads on your adwords campaign?

The websites above are selling their own indexing of other companies advertisements when you click on their link.. it sends you to another search engine page with natural and paid advertisement results..

Isn't selling ads against the adwords policies??

Makes you wonder that you might just see the cost of advertising on ask.com vs. google and see if you get more efficiency on there... and let ask.com figure out the best advertisement clicks from google..
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Edgar L
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Edgar,

I think what you're talking about are "Arbitrage" websites mentioned in this post, where you enter a website and see no content but ads. They should not appear in AdWords results, you're right. Unfortunately such websites sometimes manage to slip through the approval process and are shown.

There's a feedback form for AdWords ads, so I guess it would be a good idea to fill it in and write some details about the wrong website you landed in. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you Mildaster...

I sent a feedback to google on it, hopefully they take care of this one quickly... my ads print and clicks are down... these pages are not even selling products.. they are just re-selling ad space... and even some non relevant ads as well..