6.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Peal & Stick Method

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Could you please confirm that which option is correct to improve the keywords performance ?

• Peel n’ Stick is the practice of taking poorly performing keywords and placing them in a different ad groups with specific ads.
  • Peel n’ Stick is the practice of taking best performing keywords and placing them in a different ad groups with specific ads.

Re: Peal & Stick Method

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Anand,

As per my knowledge, Peel and stick works when you find the keyword that doesn’t fit the ad copy perfectly within an ad group, peel it out of its current ad group and create a new ad group just specifically for that keyword. You can then write ad copies that perfectly matches that keyword phrase.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Kandarp,

I agreed your suggestions, but which option is better. some one told me that performing keywords should paused from existing ad groups and create new one.
OR
As per my knowledge we should delete non performing keywords from existing ad groups and create separate ad groups with relevant ad copies.

That's why i have given two option which one is better idea.

Please suggest.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anand Kumar
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Anand,

I think second option is better one. First option is worst from my point of view because if keyword performing really well then there is no need to pause those keyword and make it new one. Separate ad-group for non performing keyword is better idea. As i mentioned above also write ad copies that perfectly matches those keyword phrase.

my 2 cents!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anand Kumar
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anand,

I would go with option 2. You want to concentrate on your best performing keywords, ensure that they are doing as well as can be. That is not saying that you should ignore the under performers, quiet the opposite. What I am saying is that it is worth more to spend your time on your top performers and boosting their performance.

I would even go as far as saying that you should break them out into their own campaigns (not just ad groups) so that you can even give them a different budget, and thus spend more money on top performers, thus boosting ROI.

Further support for the campaign argument is that by moving your top performing keywords you are resetting their current QS and performance history, so if this is your route then you have to ensure that the move is for very good reasons, and budget allocation is such a reason. It is for this reason that some advocate taking your low performing keywords out, as they do not want to reset the performance of top performers.

Of course you could just move everything but the top performers out, in effect doing the same thing (isolating the top performers from the rest) but resetting the performance only of your non-performers, as they are the ones moving. These are decisions you will have to make based on your account and judgement.

Good luck