6.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Pay per click for Video-ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am discovering the opportunity of video-ads. I have had a few people looking at 100% of my video. I have 2 questions.

1. Can I see if the watcher of my video has actually clicked so that he ends up on my website (destination url)

2. Can I be charged for people clicking to my website, instead of being charged per view?

My strategy now is relatively conversion-focused and so if I can't be charged per click, I might wait with video-ads.

Best regards,

Viktor 

Re: Pay per click for Video-ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Viktor, and welcome to the AdWords Community.

It's great that you are trying out video ads! I've answered your questions below, but please let me know if there is anything left unanswered, of if you need more information.

1) Yes - There is a column headed "Website clicks". The website clicks column displays the number of times that users click through from your ad to your website. The clicks are free of charge for you, you are only charged for a view.

2) You can't actually pay for AdWords for Video on a CPC basis, but only by CPV. Video views are great for building brand awareness, and any clicks you get to your site are free!

Regards,

El

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi El

I´d appreciate a confirmation of what I believe you are saying here, that the column "website click" in the AdWords for Video interface reports clicks that lead to my own website (www.example.com), not to my youtube channel page or another video of mine at youtube?

I was told by AdWords support that column reported clicks to a youtube page, not another website.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

This is correct David, clicks in the Website Clicks column are to your site, the destination URL given for the ad, and they are free.

For even more official confirmation, I found this tiny little article: http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/37217?hl=en&

While it doesn't specify here that clicks are free, I can confirm that when using CPV, you are only bidding for views.