AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4K members online now
4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Pausing & Starting a Campaign Automatically

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way for instance, if i am going on holiday in a month, to set a campaign pause date and a restart date in the future?, ie have the start & end dates of the campaign set - but an additional period in between where i can set a time period where the account will not be active?

Ie start date 3/9/2013 End date 3/1/2014

Pause date 24/10/2013 Enable date 24/11/2013

Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dan H
September 2015

Re: Pausing & Starting a Campaign Automatically

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Dan, just to add to what Jon has already said, you would also be able to use automated rules to pause and enable these as well and it doesn't need any script skills.

On your campaigns page you'll notice an automate button;

automate.png

You want to highlight the campaigns you want to pause/enable and click automate, then either pause when or enable when

auto rules pause.png

You can remove the requirements and just set the frequency to one time which you set the date you want the change to happen.

I have used these for a lot of seasonal campaigns that only need to be on for a while.

It's a superb tool for scheduling monthly specials in ad copy etc.

Let me know if you have any questions about the rules.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi dan, it's certainly possible, but I'm pretty sure you'll need to use Scripts to do it.  It would be fairly simple for someone with appropriate Scripts skills - it's essentially just a test of the date and a pause/enable but it's a bit late for me to be coding now...

Info about Scripts is here.

The Scripting Group is here.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author dan H
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Dan, just to add to what Jon has already said, you would also be able to use automated rules to pause and enable these as well and it doesn't need any script skills.

On your campaigns page you'll notice an automate button;

automate.png

You want to highlight the campaigns you want to pause/enable and click automate, then either pause when or enable when

auto rules pause.png

You can remove the requirements and just set the frequency to one time which you set the date you want the change to happen.

I have used these for a lot of seasonal campaigns that only need to be on for a while.

It's a superb tool for scheduling monthly specials in ad copy etc.

Let me know if you have any questions about the rules.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank You Jon & Adam, Appreciate it.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Darn, Adam, you're right. I only use Automated Rules for daily tasks so totally missed that you could set them for a specific date and went diving off down the Scripts route...

Jon
AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'd forgotten that I can do this in this Adwords! Been using another tool to do the same thing I can do in Adwords! The key I'd forgotten about was the ability to enable "One Time" . Thanks for the answer!