Pause a keywords on weekends?
I would like to know if I should pause a particular keyword on weekends to conserve its average CTR? Will pausing affect my campaign negatively in any way?
- One of my campaigns has 3 keywords. Two of these perform well (>2% avg. CTR), while the other is not fantastic, but still gives me a positive ROI (~1.8% avg. CTR).
- Searches for all keywords drops on Saturdays, as does the CTR, especially for the not so great keyword (~0.8% CTR)
- I am wondering if pausing this not so great keyword on Saturdays would be beneficial? It would increase my average long-term CTR for it, no?
- This keyword is also much more competitive, and despite having a 7 QS, bids are higher than I want to pay for top 3 spot.
Re: Pause a keywords on weekends?[ Edited ]
January 2016 - last edited January 2016
A few points to remember her:
- Expected CTR is being used to calculate QS is different from the actual CTR you see on the UI.
- The CTR used for QS calculation takes into account only scenarios when the keyword was exactly matched the search term; (and again is different from the actual CTR shown on the UI).
- Paused keywords will keep their last scores at the time they were lost were active, until a new scores are calculated.
Read more about expected CTR:
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’