Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Pause a keyword for Mobile but not for desktop

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a question. I am currently running a couple of campaigns in AdWords - I can see a huge difference in performance depending on device and now i would like to minimize the waste spend that is on going. I can see that a couple of keywords are performing very well for desktop - but not as well for mobile/tablet and therefor would like to "pause" the keyword for mobile/tablet to enable me spending more on the desktop searches.

Is there an easy way for me to do this? I don't want to pause all mobile searches due to the fact that mobile out performs the desktop searches in some cases.

The input from this community is well sought after! Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Highlighted

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

You can make device bid changes at campaign and adgroup level only. Since you can't do device level bidding for individual keyword and you are noticing performance differs based on device, you need to create separate adgroup/campaign for device. 

Thanks

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Neha,

Thanks a lot for your reply. And that was something i was worried about Smiley Sad 

Do you know if there is a chance this is possible solving via a script?