AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Parked domains on the search network, How to get a performance report?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone!

I have been reading about excluding parked domains from the search network. (Yes, some parked pages are part of the search network).

If you don't use the display network (I don't), it can be quite tricky to figure out where to do this but I found the answer, by Anne, on this page:

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Advanced-Features/Search-Network-Blocking-Parked-Domains/td-...

Now, before I go ahead and exclude parked domains from my search network campaigns, I would like to know how those parked domains actually perform! I'm not into blindly applying exclusions and I love my data! So how do I generate a report showing how my search campaigns are performing on parked domains??

Thanks in advance for your consideration.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Parked domains on the search network, How to get a performance rep

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Laura;

I am not familiar with a placement report on the search network; You could segment by performance

Anyway, I think you put too much effort into this since "parked domain"s are negligible on both the display and search networks. I  would not put the efforts in researching the topic.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Parked domains on the search network, How to get a performance rep

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I would have to disagree that parked domains are negligible, at least in my case.

When I look up the keyword searches that are triggering my ads and getting cilcks, I will often find "keywords" with very high CTRs. In many cases I discover that these are coming from a parked domain, often with a structure like 'keywordkeyword.com'. In fact, I see my ads on parked domains all the time. Perhaps it is the niche I'm in.