1.8K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

PLA's matching to Really Broad Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MY PLAs are matching to really broad queries. I have my adgroups by Brand, targeting =brand for each one.

In all of my PLA campaigns, the vast majority of keywords that triggered the PLA are non-brand keywords. Is there anyway to setup my PLA adgroups to only show when a mention of that brand is in the keyword?

Re: PLA's matching to Really Broad Keywords

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi There!

One of the most overlooked pieces of optimization is to add negative keywords to PLA's. This will help you filter out the queries that you find irrelevant. 

I'd also double check your product descriptions, and make sure you're writing detailed descriptions specific to your products. 

Good Luck!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
PLA ADs basically use Product Feed data and they Don't work on keyword targeting .

Check Out Details at
https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Manage-ads/How-to-target-specific-keyword-with-high-bid-in-P...

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
he's talking about the trigged search term that's causing a problem for him. Not his keywords.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
okay. so you are saying that if you are selling: Nike running shoes. Your ads keep getting triggered by running shoes?

If so in this campaign you want to put an [EXACT] negative keyword for that campaign/adgroup.

For instance I would put [running shoes] in for the negative keywords. This way, when people search for running shoes, your branded term will not trigger. However, a branded term like Nike running shoes will still trigger.

And yes this means a lot of work and it's not done in a day. You need to constantly monitor the triggered keywords to make sure your ad group is optimized.