2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Our ads are not running with Flexible bid strategy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've implemented a bidding strategy on our adwords keywords. I have the following settings:

Bid Automation: Automatically raise and lower bids to match the estimated first page bid

Bid Adjustment: Increase by 10%

But for virtually all of our keywords, I receive the message that my ads are not running. Could this be a budget issue? All of the default bids are set at $4.92 but bid estimates for first pages resultes for each and every keyword and keyword phrase is well above that bid. Daily budget is currently set at $25.

Re: Our ads are not running with Flexible bid strategy

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Brandon,

With the info you give, seems to me that you're not bidding high enough to reach the first page. A low daily budget will only limit your number of impressions per day, but still you should see your ads running.

I suggest you try to set a higher bid for some keywords to make sure you, at least, match the minimum bid for first page.

Diogo

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It does appear as if the ads are running it's just surprising to me to see the message that the ads are not appearing on the first page of results when I have that flexible bid strategy implemented. Keywords are showing some impressions with averages between 6 and 8.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Brandon,

I understand what you mean, but looks to me that you've set the strategy for "manual bidding", is that so? If that's the case you need to keep in mind AdWords won't automatically change bids to match your "first page" criteria, it will simply make sure they are as high as the estimated first page bid.

If I were you, I would set the bidding to automatic and wait to see results.

Diogo