AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Organic vs Paid Keywords

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I am trying to optimize a clients account, and I would like to know how are performing the account's keywords in the normal, organic search. This client has made a really good SEO work. There are several keywords for which his website is among the first positions in the organic search, and we don't want to include these keywords in the Adwords account.

My question is: is there any tool (either free or paid) that could give me this kind of data? 

Your help would be much appreciated.

Janos

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Organic vs Paid Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Janos. Have you looked at the Paid vs. Organic segment in the Dimensions tab? I think that's just what you need. You do need to have Webmaster Tools installed and linked with your AdWords account for it to work, though and you also have to wait for a few days until data starts pouring in.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Janos

I suggest that you run your paid ads for the keywords which are even ranking higher in organic listing. Its is somewhere near to the question that should we run paid campaign on Branded keywords. There are several reason that why you should run your paid campaign on these keywords, some of them are:
#More links to your website on a single page that to on higher position- it will increase the change of a user to reach to website.

#Competitors are already running their Paid Ads which results in less clicks to your organic listings.

#Promote different message to the user with two listing.

Also there was a case study by Google on this, please refer to the link for that: -
http://searchenginewatch.com/article/2166156/Google-Paid-Search-Ads-With-Associated-Organic-Result-H...

My Opinion!

Abhishek

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

You can use Organic Vs paid report as Adwiser suggested but you need to get access to webmaster tools for the website in question and link it to adwords. Apart from this i like semrush as third party tool todo this.  

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello Janos,

You must have a Google analytics account where you can easily see the keywords & traffic medium (cpc/organic/referal etc.). And its free Smiley Happy

Adowrds.jpg

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hello,

To follow with Calin and Zaidan, Paid & Organic Report available under the Dimensions Tab is the real key.

But before you start getting that report, you need to link your Google Webmasters Tools account with your Adwords account properly. Here's the link which can be followed to complete the process and understand this report: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3097241?hl=en

Pankaj