AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Optimizing Dynamic Search Ad Targets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all,

I have been trying out Dynamic Search Ads for about 6 months now. I have had mixed results. I work for a website with thousands of products and for a test, we have limited our Dynamic Search Ads to one particular product category. When looking at the Target URLs that Google chooses for some of the Dynamic Ads, they are not always the best fit. Sometimes the product is incorrect or the customer is directed to a page with very few products, when there is a better page that they could be directed to.

1. What have been your experiences with Dynamic Search Ads?

2. Does anyone have some tips on how to best optimize the target URLs? So far I have tried working with negative targets or negative keywords.

Thanks!

Lortron3000

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Optimizing Dynamic Search Ad Targets

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Lortron3000,

Honestly, I haven't used the Dynamic Search ads for my clients because it's still in beta version and limited for access. But yes, I have joined the interest list, so looking forward to that.

You might be interested in reading this informative reference of Google which talks about this in depth including the optimization strategies involved in it.

Hope that helps somewhere in the dark!

Pankaj