Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Optimize the performance in GDN remarketing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear experts,

I have a client, he has 3 agencies (one of them is me). And his website added 3 remarketing codes. when i implement some GDN campaigns for him, although i give a high bid, it's hard to check remarketing. My competitor's banners are very good. Notice, we have same targets (topic, placement etc). How can i do to get better performance with lower cost?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Hanh N
March 2016

Re: Optimize the performance in GDN remarketing

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey Nanh,

That seems odd that a client would have three agencies running similarly targeted display campaigns for one site (unless I misunderstood). What is the purpose of having three different remarketing codes on one site? Do you mean that they are on three pages? Does each agency get a unique remarketing code for their AdWords account?

Regardless, without knowing anything about your account I would recommend a couple things:

1) Create audiences based on membership duration. Users are way more likely to return to the site and convert within 24 hours of leaving. Create an audience with a membership duration of 1 day and use a very high bid for that audience.

2) Create audiences based on what pages were visited. Users that make it to the cart or a page that is closer to an action are more likely to come back and convert. In the "who to add to your list" section of the audience setup use the "Visitors of a page" feature and add the URL of a page that is close to an action such as the cart. "Cart abandoners" is a very common audience target.
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

I agree with @JimVaillancourt

In this scenario, instead of structuring a campaign which will allow several banners by the same advertiser shown  simultaneously  on the same page - you get a scenario in which banners are competing among themselves and you lose  (likely possible)  impressions.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Tks mate. I will try. Smiley Happy