AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

2K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Optimization

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am currently managing one of my clients adwords campaign, but he is not getting much queries. So, want to know how to optimize the campaign and how to increase traffic.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Optimization

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Dipankar,

There are no shortcuts in AdWords. This is a simple platform to work with only if you understand how it works and for that you need to read the Learning center. Structuring of an account or creating campaigns can be done in many ways and there is no specific method. The best practice is to mirror your website structure.

Structuring would work in its best way only if you have your keywords picked correctly. so you need you Keyword reseach done right.

Along with keyword research, you will need what match types you can use and when. Also negative keywords i.e. keywords you do not want to show your ads on. Inter ad group inter campaign negative keywords may also be required based on your structure and prosucts you are advertising for.

Even if you manage to get all of this right, writing ad copies is an art that has to be learned. Each ad copy has to be focused to the ad group in question.

I am not trying to scare you away from AdWords, but I don't want you to get burnt and curse AdWords because you didnt do it right. Smiley Happy

I would really urge you to take 2-3 days to read through the learning center and only then get into AdWords. And if you don't have the time, hire an expert to do it for you. But please do not get into it with little or no knowledge. 

All the best studying!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello dipankar38403; welcome;

This is a broad topic;

The best way to start would be to  read a few articles on QS  and conversion in the "users articles" section (on the upper navigation bar).

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Dipankar38403,

Could you be a little more specific. I believe optimization techniques vary from business to business. So we could recommend better optimization techniques if you give us more detail. what the business is about, what region are you targeting, the structure of your account, the networks/devices etc you are targeting..
Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

Honestly it's a very generic question and Adwords is full of many features which you can try while optimizing your client's account.

There could be many reasons for what you are asking (less queries):

Low CTR, Low quality score, low ad rank etc....are few of them.

Additionally if I speak from website perspective, there could be shortcomings in the website due to which users are not converting into customers for your client.

If you can specify areas of Adwords where you are missing, what targeting you have, what networks you have set (search and display network) etc.... then community can specifically address those concerns for you.

In the meantime, you might want to read list of informative references in this article.

Hope that helps!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your reply.

I know that Adwords is a very broad topic and it will take much time to go through each part, but i am expeting some tips to focus on with at the time of creating a campaign.Could you please provide me a link, so that i can visit the links and try to understand it in a better way. And also i heard from one of my colleague about Adwords coupons, is there anything like that, so that i can avail them, if possible from you.

I would really appreciate your reply.

Thanks

Dipankar

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Zee (Community Manager)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Dipankar,

There are no shortcuts in AdWords. This is a simple platform to work with only if you understand how it works and for that you need to read the Learning center. Structuring of an account or creating campaigns can be done in many ways and there is no specific method. The best practice is to mirror your website structure.

Structuring would work in its best way only if you have your keywords picked correctly. so you need you Keyword reseach done right.

Along with keyword research, you will need what match types you can use and when. Also negative keywords i.e. keywords you do not want to show your ads on. Inter ad group inter campaign negative keywords may also be required based on your structure and prosucts you are advertising for.

Even if you manage to get all of this right, writing ad copies is an art that has to be learned. Each ad copy has to be focused to the ad group in question.

I am not trying to scare you away from AdWords, but I don't want you to get burnt and curse AdWords because you didnt do it right. Smiley Happy

I would really urge you to take 2-3 days to read through the learning center and only then get into AdWords. And if you don't have the time, hire an expert to do it for you. But please do not get into it with little or no knowledge. 

All the best studying!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Bite the bullet, spend $60 on semrush.com services. This will help you get pointed in the right direction with finding out what your clients competitors are doing. This has saved me literally thousands of hours worth of research.

Just let your client know that Adwords isn't a get rich quick scheme, you have to actually keep at it and continue to optimize week in and week out.