AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Optimization in a congested field

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am struggling to develop an ad with a very limited budget (around $10 per day with a max running time of a week or two at a time, depending on success) in the very congested personal injury law field in uptown manhattan and the bronx. Any suggestions to set ourselves apart from the massive amount of law firms that pop-up when "personal injury" or "the bronx" pop up? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Optimization in a congested field

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

As suggested above, I would recommend looking at longer tail keywords. Us ethe Google Keywor Tool to help you uncover some additional keywords.

Something else you could try is bidding on keywords for specific injuries, I don't know about your industry but an example (albeit a silly one) would be "burnt on hot drink on burger king attourney". Try to think what your target audience will be typing into Google when looking for your service then create ads for each specific injury so that the ad relates to what they're typing/searching.

Ryan.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I would avoid bidding on big keywords like "personal injury" or "the bronx", for which your competitors are for sure bidding much much higher than you ever could for this budget. Instead, identify combinations of three, four, or more words including very local keywords and bid on these terms with exact match (otherwise, your ads will be displayed on more keywords you would imagine and use up all the money for a day).

I suspect, however, that this is not sufficient in congested fields, where one conversion may well lead to thousands of dollars. It will work out better if you can calculate how much you can spend to acquire one lead and run campaigns to achieve it rather than setting a fixed amount of dollars that you can spend on AdWords.

Thanks,

Rion

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

As suggested above, I would recommend looking at longer tail keywords. Us ethe Google Keywor Tool to help you uncover some additional keywords.

Something else you could try is bidding on keywords for specific injuries, I don't know about your industry but an example (albeit a silly one) would be "burnt on hot drink on burger king attourney". Try to think what your target audience will be typing into Google when looking for your service then create ads for each specific injury so that the ad relates to what they're typing/searching.

Ryan.