# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello!

Imagine this indicators:

Quality score = 7-8

CPC = 0,20 little higher than the global average CPC

CTR 10.27

Conversions = 0.

We are talking about a keyword that is very connected with the business, but as you can see have no conversions. We are talking about a time frame of 3 months.

Should I pause it? Why?

thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author João M
April 2017

Optimization doubts - CPA,CTR, QS

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If the keyword is tightly themed with the service / product and the CTR is high, all indications lead to a landing page which does not convert. This is the place to start with.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author João M
April 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

If the keyword is tightly themed with the service / product and the CTR is high, all indications lead to a landing page which does not convert. This is the place to start with.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

@MosheTLV

Yes, the keyword is tightly themed, but it is not in the exact match type.

I understand what you said, but I have other keywords tighlty themed that have some conversions, so my doubt.

Thanks!

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi João

Check multichannel conversions in Analytics. Maybe these keywords don't bring you direct conversions, but help  you anyway in earlier stages of funnel.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The keyword is not important - the search term is, view your search query report to see the actual phrases you're bidding on. You have a few options: Either lower your CPC bid to increase the traffic, rework your landing page, double check your final URL and also see if you can find patterns whether mobile, tablet or desktop traffic is converting for you or not. Be sure to check your bounce rates and other metrics. Ultimately you have to decide whether to keep bidding on this keyword, luckily if it doesn't work out there are many many others you can test. Hope this helps.