AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Optimization Tips to decrease CPC and Increase Ad Rank overtime

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

How can i optimize my campaigns such that over time it will decrease CPC and increase adrank?

Do you guys have any inputs or articles you can refer me to it.

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Optimization Tips to decrease CPC and Increase Ad Rank overtime

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Caleb,

You may want to check out this article by one of the top contributors here:

http://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Set-up-and-basics/What-To-Do-With-Keyword-Quality-Scores/ta-p...

The biggest consistent opportunity is to split test ad copy...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! 

Can you guys suggest what can i do for a weekly adwords maintenance?

For now what i've been doing is:

1) View Search Report,

- identify good impression keywords. add into keyword list,

however, how do i tell if this keyword is good? Do i add in as phrase match? how do i know how much to bid?

- Identify negative keyword, add into negative keyword list.

Howeve, i've people always searching for a competitor keyword, for e.g. COMPETITOR locksmith repair, usually i'll add in as a negative keyword. I was wondering should i set up a new campaign and target my competitor?

- What to do with those search terms with one click and one impression?

2) Change bid to reached desired Ad rank

- I change my bid often so that i can reach my desired average ad rank, should i do this? if this is right, would my CPC always be going up and never down?

3) What else can i do?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Caleb-Seah,

1) View Search Report,

- identify good impression keywords. add into keyword list,

however, how do i tell if this keyword is good? Do i add in as phrase match? how do i know how much to bid?

- Identify negative keyword, add into negative keyword list.

Howeve, i've people always searching for a competitor keyword, for e.g. COMPETITOR locksmith repair, usually i'll add in as a negative keyword. I was wondering should i set up a new campaign and target my competitor?

What to do with those search terms with one click and one impression?

First thing to observe while looking at the search terms report is the Delivered Match type. Another important analysis would be to prefer search terms clicks rather than the impressions. It will help you identify which keyword is triggering which search term and of which match type. If most of the times you are getting Match type as Broad, then you need to modify your existing keyword list and try including more of other match types like phrase and Exact Matches.

According to me, I don't think there is any need to set up competitor keywords in another campaign. Rest it depends what users are doing after reaching your website through these type of keywords. If you have Google Analytics installed and Adwords linked with Analytics, you can further see what is the bounce rate, avg. time of those queries and then take some action.

For One click one impression data, I believe you should wait for further statistics to get updated.

2) Change bid to reached desired Ad rank

Ad Rank doesn't only depends upon your Bid which you set. It also depends upon very important metrics which includes Quality Score, CTR of the keywords,  etc...You should understand that if the Quality Score is high, you ad rank will be high and automatically, your Avg. CPC will come down gradually with the time period. Se keep working on improving the CTR, Quality Score for your keywords and hopefully it will assist in improving ad rank for you.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj