2.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Opinions on my Landing Page Please

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a very well established artist with an 1100 square foot gallery in which I sell my own fine art photography which is priced between $200 to $4000. I am trying Display Adwords and while I "think" I have created a credible landing page by addressing the 5 W's, creating an urgent call to action, etc, I am receiving zero sales. Now granted I am just in a micro test stage to see if I can sell art at my price points via Adwords before rolling out a full campaign, but I would have thought after 200 clicks in 5 days, I would see some response.

I have even seen people come back to the page, but still no purchasing, or enquiries and before I get too far into this, I would really appreciate your opinions as to whether I have missed the obvious, or ??? what can I do to improve my results.

So I have used keywords that I think are related to the artwork piece I am testing. It is a male cardinal in a tree, so I used keywords such at pictures of birds, bird prints, buy prints, and so on. I am getting a CTR of about .9%  This is probably my lowest price piece I have. I have also tried another campaign for a $350 - $500 piece and a $500 to $2400 piece with again, zero results.

Here is a link to the ad for the Cardinal: 

http://www.kennethlanesmithgallery.com/Google_300x250_Cardinal.jpg

and here is a link to the landing page:  http://www.kennethlanesmithgallery.com/EC/Christmas_Cardinal.html

I would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Sincere thanks,

Kenneth

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Opinions on my Landing Page Please

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I would like to start with choice of your keywords.

1. I would strongly urge you to look at your search term report because intent of user behind searches like pictures of birds doesn't show a buying intent most probably they are looking for these pictures as soft copy.
  2. Now i am guessing people who buy these prints would want to use them in their office and home for the purpose of decoration. If that is the case I would go with a bit larger inventory on the page and keywords related to the purpose of your product (interior decoration) rather than the content itself.
  3. I would also recommend you to stay away from KWs like 'Buy Prints' these are used by websites who specialize in printing pictures which users already have in softcopy.

About the landing page:

1. I believe you are trying to hard sell her almost like $5 ebook about "Master SEO in 30 days"
  2. I think buying cycle for such products is not the same as $5 ebooks.
  3. If I was in your place I would have approached it in this way, 1st Showcase the work as much as you can and dont limit yourself to 1 or 2 pieces. 2nd write a small Bio establishing you as established artist.
  4. I saw your video and I really liked the concept of private area where buyers can view how a particular piece of art will look like on fireplace or on other furnishings. If you can bring that concept online that will be just WOW Smiley Happy

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kenneth,

If you are completely stuck at this point, may I suggest the Opportunities tab?
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3448398?hl=en

I'm no web designer, but the call to action on your landing page doesnt seem to be positioned in a place that grabs my attention.

How to Choose the Right AdWords Landing Page:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX2dKEcMWmU

Also,
AdWords ideas to improve your account
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3416396?hl=en&ref_topic=3122883

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi there;

I will address only the landing page, since this is the basic. (Skipping, for now, the campaign structure,  choosing proper keywords and writing an ad-copy)

I looked at your landing page before reading  your post. At first look (as a random user "landing on your page")  it was not clear to me what is the goal of your site, and what business you are in...

In my view, your landing page is "too dense".. You should improve navigation; I would consider redesign  the page for ease of navigation among the various pieces of the collection. I would also  recommend to move the transaction page (purchasing) to another page.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Nik, Darren, Moshe:

First of all, thank you very much for your comments. WOW am I confused now:-) So please take this in the spirit of sincere gratitude. I am not questioning your comments, I'm just looking for some clarifications to help me make the changes I need.

Nik:

Great points on the KWs.

1: Could you tell me what gives you the impression of a "hard sell" on the landing page? 

2: I do have a link to the full website showing about 160 other pieces. Should I somehow make that more apparent?

3: I am a little confused about the need for a bio, when I thought that was addressed in the video. Are you suggesting that capturing their attention long enough to view the video (6 minutes) is too much to expect? This is interesting because according to Google Analytics they are NOT viewing the video, so do you think I should eliminate that thereby clearing up some more screen space?

Darren: Great ideas thanks.

1:Unfortunately there are no opportunities yet as the campaign is too new.

2: I watched the Landing Page video and I thought I had lready addressed all the key points, but clearly some re-thinking is required on my part because it clearly isn't working - yet

Moshe: You said, " it was not clear to me what is the goal of your site, and what business you are in..."

1: Not questioning your comment, but I thought with interior shots of the gallery at the top, a descriptor under the gallery name of  "Exclusive hand finished fine art photography on canvas" and a photo of the actual framed artwork, that this would be apparent. Am I expecting too much of the viewer to read and or understand this? I honestly don't know how I could improve this.

2: You also said. "In my view, your landing page is "too dense" Does that mean too much information on the page? That certainly makes sense. I was under the impression that it was best to keep page to page navigation to an absolute minimum, but maybe breaking the process up into logical steps very much like I do in the gallery when dealing with a client would make more sense?  I'm not sure if I can do that but is this the point you were making?

Again gentlemen, outstanding thoughts. Clearly a major re-think on  my part is required.

Most sincerely,

Kenneth

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I gonna try to simplify a little.
You have picture of cardinal and video in same height, and with that you give them both same value in eyes of potential customer.
You should give them one obvious option when they come to your landing page. And in your case, that is buy the picture.
You must give them urge to buy. And that must be clear.
Regards.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello again  Kenneth 

This community serves as a support community, and a place to exchange views / best practices about Adwords.

Any follow up questions- that would help you improve your Adwords campaign is welcome.

It's too late  here.  I will try to answer your follow up questions on Tuesday or during the new-year break.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello again Kenneth; Happy new year;

Answering your questions;

The top section of the landing page, left me with the "impression" / "feel"  that this is a website of an interior designer.  Also, the  picture in the "mid section" does not reflect the business. (I don't think the a video in a landing page has added value... - I did not watch.)

The bottom  part is about assistance and buying. I was asking myself: "assistance with what?", and: "what  products are offered?" 

And yes; there is too much info on the page: pictures;  text (in small fonts...)  video, and a shopping cart... My view: it could confuse the users.

-Moshe

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Moshe:

Sincere thanks! I see what you mean now and I will have a go at simplifying the landing page.

Kenneth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would like to suggest you following technic which are the very common but important for you .

Keep relevancy between page and ads.

load time of page should be less then 10 secoud. 

check your product price and compare with competitors.

@Kenneth Lane S wrote:

I am a very well established artist with an 1100 square foot gallery in which I sell my own fine art photography which is priced between $200 to $4000. I am trying Display Adwords and while I "think" I have created a credible landing page by addressing the 5 W's, creating an urgent call to action, etc, I am receiving zero sales. Now granted I am just in a micro test stage to see if I can sell art at my price points via Adwords before rolling out a full campaign, but I would have thought after 200 clicks in 5 days, I would see some response.

I have even seen people come back to the page, but still no purchasing, or enquiries and before I get too far into this, I would really appreciate your opinions as to whether I have missed the obvious, or ??? what can I do to improve my results.

So I have used keywords that I think are related to the artwork piece I am testing. It is a male cardinal in a tree, so I used keywords such at pictures of birds, bird prints, buy prints, and so on. I am getting a CTR of about .9%  This is probably my lowest price piece I have. I have also tried another campaign for a $350 - $500 piece and a $500 to $2400 piece with again, zero results.

and here is a link to the landing page:  http://www.kennethlanesmithgallery.com/EC/Christmas_Cardinal.html

Sincere thanks,

Kenneth

@Kenneth Lane S wrote:

Sincere thanks,

Kenneth