star_border

Online Retail Keyword Question

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi guys.

I need some advise and suggestions on keywords that ends with "review" 

Say i'm selling Nike Running Shoes

Should I block keywords Such as "Nike Running Shoes Review"? 

I have seen some conversions for this combination in my regular Broad Modified Keywords periodically, but doesnt seem consistent.

Since mostly people who search anything with a "review" are surely in their research stage of the online sales funnel and not ready to buy. Bidding on these kind of keywords would be risky and prehaps even more costly. 

Other than conducting specific tests with "review" keywords. does anyone have experience with these keywords. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Online Retail Keyword Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Boyang. I have no large-scale experience with this word alone, in combination with other words. But I remember seeing conversions for search terms containing "reviews". And I always look at assists when deciding what to do with a keyword. It may not convert today, but if it assists a conversion that happens two days from now, it's still ok.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Hi

Totally agree with Adwiser here. using a keyword ending with "review" might not directly help to have a conversion in the shoe industry you mentioned how ever it can assit on the leading to a conversion.

If you can do a little analyse about Search Funnel patterns you might be able to idenfiy pattern/ adavantage Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Boyang S
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Boyang,

It completely depends on you. If you are running an e-commerce site that sells Nike Shoes, then it's a good idea to exclude keywords like review, cheap or comparison. On the other side, if your goal is to promote content on your website, then you may find it useful. This is just an example.

There is one more point, As you have noticed low conversions with these queries, then it is likely to happen that a visitor who is coming to your website through these keywords may not be actually looking to buy shoes. His objective must be to gain more information on the shoes. So I have tried to included both the perspectives - vendor and buyer.

In my case, I would have blocked these keywords in my campaign, as I would prefer maximum ROI for my ad spend.

I hope this helps.

Kapil M

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thank you all for the replies.

I do agree with you. As of right now i don't have a plan to acquire customers in the shopping/comparison stage of the buying funnel. So i should exclude them until further I can explore and test these keywords. Thanks!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are a few factors to be considered here, conversions being the most important of coarse. Others I consider useful would be:

• The number and quality of your business reviews. Many five star reviews, yes. Bad or few reviews, no.
  • Profit margin / CPC

Everything else equal, I would target reviews but stay away from broad match.