Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

One of my Campaign has very low CTR, please help me in getting good CTR

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

One of my campaign has very low CTR (0.20%). Please help me, how could I increase CTR on it.

Anand Vishwakarma
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: One of my Campaign has very low CTR, please help me in getting good CTR

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Avish,

(CTR) is the number of clicks divided by the number of impressions and it plays a very vital role in  your keyword quality scores. CTR represents how often people click your ad after it's shown to them.  Ads that are more relevant usually get a higher rate of click throughs to their website.

Kindly visit a very beneficial Article By  Top Contributor.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Avish,

Is the CTR you are referring for Search Network or Display Network?

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Neha,

Its for both search and display networks..Smiley Sad

Anand Vishwakarma

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Avish,

Are you running same campaign for both network? Search & Display? Well If it is a case, I would first recommend you to seperate your search and display network. It is higly recommeded to have seperate campaign for Both networks. As you probably know, by search network we target people who are directly interested in your goods & services. And by display network we apprach who might be interested in your good & services.

Since we can see keyword stats for Both Search & Display campaign? How will you judge which keywords to pause or which one to keep??

Please See total campaign stats and lets us know Search & Display campaign CTR seperately. See the below image for better understanding. 

I would highly recommend you to seprate your search and display campaign first.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Avish,

Targeting search and display network in same campaign is not good practice. Generally a single campaign can cover the marketing requirements of a website, although it is a good practice to segregate an individual campaign for each network (search, display and mobile) providing you can afford to divide the overall daily budget. Splitting the networks into separate campaigns allows performance to be monitored quickly and accurately between the networks while low clickthrough rates (CTR) accumulated on the display network can be kept separate from the higher CTRs of the other two networks.

When you add new keywords,then letting them run for 2/3 weeks before assessing performance. If after 2/3 weeks they have a CTR below 2%, I would look into editing or replacing the keywords in question. 

If you want to increase your CTR then try to have focus on ad quality. Attract more clicks by refining your ads, and eliminate extra impressions by choosing highly targeted keywords and placements and using negative keywords.

Thanks
Anchal

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Anchal wrote:

Hi Avish,

Targeting search and display network in same campaign is not good practice. Generally a single campaign can cover the marketing requirements of a website, although it is a good practice to segregate an individual campaign for each network (search, display and mobile) providing you can afford to divide the overall daily budget. Splitting the networks into separate campaigns allows performance to be monitored quickly and accurately between the networks while low clickthrough rates (CTR) accumulated on the display network can be kept separate from the higher CTRs of the other two networks.

When you add new keywords,then letting them run for 2/3 weeks before assessing performance. If after 2/3 weeks they have a CTR below 2%, I would look into editing or replacing the keywords in question. 

If you want to increase your CTR then try to have focus on ad quality. Attract more clicks by refining your ads, and eliminate extra impressions by choosing highly targeted keywords and placements and using negative keywords.

Thanks
Anchal

Hi Avish,

In addition to Anchal's good advice, I reccomend you to look at Article by Tc Scott  on Adwords Account Structure & Article by TC Kim Adwords CTR Evaluate & Improve

Hope it helps!

Thanks

Neha

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Avish,

I agree with Anchal and Neha on the splitting the campaign into a search and display campaign separately.

Here are  few things you could do to improve the CTR:

For the Search Network... 

-------------------------------------

- Add negative keywords

- If there are keywords that have not given you any clicks for a long time,  but have got you a lot of impressions, you may want to pause them or try different match types that are more restrictive i.e. phrase, exact or BMM

- You CTR may be low also because people are not able to relate your ad to what they are looking for. have you structured your account correctly? are your ads relevant to the keywords in your ad group?

- Improving your ad texts could include - having USPs & price points in your ad. Call to action words like 'Buy Now', 'Call Now' etc also should be used. Create a sense of urgency so that people want to click your ad. Include any discount/offers you may want to promote. Use brand names, and targeted keywords in your ads. 

- try scheduling your ads to times where you get maximum clicks

For the Display Network:

--------------------------------------

- start excluding placements that have not got you any clicks but lot of impressions

- try managed placements

- get more targeted traffic on the GDN using Contextual Targeting

- frequency capping can be used to restrict the number of impressions which will inturn help in imprvoing CTR

Hope this Helps!

Cheers,
Shweta

AdWords Top Contributor
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Accepted Solution’!