Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

One day 15,200 impressions the next 250 impressions? WHY

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seem a little odd that one day 15,200 impressions and the next 250 impressions. Something smells funny about this wide swing. Could adwords be manipulating the impressions and why would they do that?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Crow be G
September 2015

Re: One day 15,200 impressions the next 250 impressions? WHY

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni
Hi Crow,
No, they're not manipulating your results. Some things to check/possible reasons -
1. Did you opt out of Display Advertising? Typically advertising on the Display Network will give you a lot more Impressions than traditional Search.
2. Have some of your Ads been disapproved? If your Ads aren't approved, this could limit your Impressions.
3. Are some of your Keyword Estimated First Page Bids higher than your Max CPC Bids? This will limit your exposure.
4. Did you make any changes to your Daily Campaign Budgets? Lowering your Campaign Budgets will decrease your Impressions.

Hopefully this gives you an idea of where to start looking. Feel free to post more questions/ideas based on the thought starters above.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Nothing changed. Throttling at work at google. I don't understand when business is good for me its good for adwords. Doesn't make good partnering now does it.
Bests regards,

CBG Media
Customer Service
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Crow Be G,

Which campaign type you running? You need to look at stats and see from where exactly impressions dropped? Like which adgroup, may be some keyword. If it's display network may be placements stopped showing impressions?

Once you compare the stats you will get some idea & we can offer more advice. We can only guess what could have happened because we can't access your account.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

To the good ideas already offered, I would add the information that traffic numbers from search partner sites (assuming you are advertising there) take about 24 hours to post and traffic numbers from the display network take about 48 hours to post.

When analyzing traffic and patterns, it's a good idea never to work with any data from "today" or (most of the time) even "yesterday" because the numbers might not be accurate and will give you a false view of how your campaign is performing.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
"When analyzing traffic and patterns, it's a good idea never to work with any data from "today" or (most of the time) even "yesterday" because the numbers might not be accurate and will give you a false view of how your campaign is performing."

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME. WHAT GOOD ARE THE STATS THEN. I'M NOT NEW TO THIS AND YOUR ANSWER IS NOT ACCEPTABLE AND MERITS NO ACCOUNTABILITY.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello

Try using compare option in date selection menu and click on the "+" sign on impressions tab at campaign level to look for the decrease in impression then at ad group level and so on. After identifying the sources compare different aspects like CTR, avg. pos changes etc. for that keywords. If you are running a Display campaign then look for any placement which stops getting impression as website owners have the right to block specific advertiser ads which are showing up on their websites.
Read this Adsense Help for more:-
https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/164657?hl=en

It would be great if you furnish some details over your campaign in order to provide better solution by the Community members!

Hope this helps!

Abhishek
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

It takes quite a bit of time for the data to be received from Display and Search partner websites and to then be formatted so that it can be displayed in the interface.

For Search partners, partial data is available on an ongoing basis but I don't personally consider it 'reliable' until everything is posted.

The AdWords program is not and has never pretended to be a "real-time" interface. Huge amounts of data have to be processed every day--every hour. A 24-48 hour delay for "full" data posting is hardly unreasonable. 

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It may be due to the ad you were running may have stop showing now due to many reasons

1> Ad get disapproved

2> Ad may have paused

3> Budget may have exausted

Crow be G wrote:

It seem a littel odd that one day 15,200 impressions and the next 250 impressions. Something smells funny about this wide swing. Could adwords be manipulating the impressions and why would they do that?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks to the community for the help, suggestions and guidance in answering my question.