2.5K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Office Hours: You asked, we answered

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Thanks to everyone who's been joining our recent Hangout Office Hours! We've been having great discussions with a lot of really insightful questions.

We'll be hosting Office Hours again next Wednesday, August 28. Check out the +Google Ads page at that time, if you want to join.

Here's a recap for anyone who was unable to join this week's Office Hours:

What’s the best way to see what keywords that are associated with your organisation?

Try out the Keyword Planner. It will give you keyword ideas but remember that the best keywords are specific keywords.

This Keyword Planner tool is different from SQR, right?

Yes, they are different. The search terms/query report (SQR) will show you a list of search terms that have been matched to your keywords and ads. This is a great way to get some keyword and/or negative keyword ideas. You can read more about the SQR here.

So I should be looking at the Keyword Planner tool prior to starting a campaign, for research purposes?

Yes, you should look at the Keyword Planner before you start a campaign. It’s great for ideas for keywords, getting an understanding of what your expected volume on the keywords will be, what the volume for those keywords is in your targeted area etc.

My questions are pretty basic! Basically I'm just getting started with AdWords. How can I learn what's right to do for my business?

Check out this overview of Advertising with Google, including a really helpful video on how it works.

Great contribution from other Daniel, another Office Hours participant:

"My advice for new advertisers: start slowly and grow from there. Focus on a small number of relevant keywords to your business in the beginning. Ensure you set budgets and ensure you have negative keywords in your campaign. Make sure you understand what you business goals are and ensure you are tracking them. Test things, learn, apply those learnings and build from there. Good luck, dude!"

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Office Hours: You asked, we answered

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Excellent list of resources and articles Coco! Thanks so much.