6.1K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Office Hours: You asked, we answered

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Thanks to everyone who's been joining our recent Hangout Office Hours! We've been having great discussions with a lot of really insightful questions.

We'll be hosting Office Hours again this Wednesday, August 14, at 9:30am PDT. You can RSVP here or just check out the +Google Ads page at that time, if you want to join.

Here's a recap for anyone who was unable to join last week's Office Hours:

Have the AdWords certification tests changed since enhanced campaigns rolled out?

Yes, we have changed our certification tests but your qualification from the old tests will still be valid. Check out this community discussion for more information on the GCP exam changes.

Can you explain how Enhanced Campaigns bids work?

Bid adjustments can be used in 3 ways:

1. Locations: Set a bid adjustment for specific postal codes, cities, and other geographic area. You can also use location extension targeting to set different bids for customers who are located around your business.

2. Ad scheduling: Increase or decrease your bids for specific days of the week, times, and more for campaigns that use custom ad scheduling, an advanced setting that lets you specify certain hours or days of the week when you want your AdWords ads to show.

3. Devices: Bid more or less competitively for searches that occur on mobile devices.

More information on setting bid adjustments here.

I have an MCC -- My Client has an MCC -- I want to make changes with my email address, but I don’t want the clients to see my email.  Is there a way to set up sub-MCCs so I can have my email disguised in change history?

Clients will need to provide you with a unique email address, because the change history tool won’t disguise emails

Ability to see click-through rate for Google vs. Search Partners.  I’m sad this went away with Enhanced Campaigns.

It didn’t!  Go to Segment → Networks

Does conversion tracking have to be a value?  I want to track pages/visit or visit duration. I have Analytics goals but can’t segment by goal type under keywords.

Yep, you can. Enable the “many-per-click” column and then segment → conversion → conversion action name

I am completely new to AdWords, what is it and how does it work?

Watch this short video for more information on what AdWords is. And check out this article to understand how it works: 

Do you host these office hours regularly?

We are hoping to host these Office Hours every Wednesday so keep an eye on our Google Ads G+ profile for event updates where you will be able to RSVP!

Do you ever do Hangouts on Air?

We love Hangouts on Air! Check out some recent posts for recordings of previous Hangout on Air on our YouTube channel. And stay tuned to our G+ profile for event updates on future Hangouts and Hangouts on Air.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author CocoP
September 2015

Re: Office Hours: You asked, we answered

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Thanks, Coco. If you've missed the Office Hours today, we will share a recap with you. So stay tuned!
Zee
G+