3.2K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Not receiving phone calls

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, I just started using using adwords express for about a week and i have been averaging about 8-12 clicks a day but no phone calls, just wanted to see if anyone can take a look at my website and give back some honest feed back about speed and interactiveness. any type of help will be appreciated.

www.allamericanmonuments.net

Thanks guys

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not receiving phone calls

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Max,

I ran your site through a load-time performance grader and it scored a 76 out of 100, which means there is some room for improvement and it could be affecting conversion. When I visited the site, it loaded pretty quickly but your slide show is moving very quickly. It switches pictures before the current picture even loads, this is probably causing problems. Once the images do load, the animation of the images is a little distracting. I'd suggest a less animated transition from one picture to the next.

Generally, I'd say that your site does look a little bit outdated, which can affect your perceived credibility. I'd suggest trying to modernize it a bit.

Also, the black text is hard to read on the stone background. Maybe try a solid background where there is text. I'd also increase the size of the phone number to try to attract more attention to it.

I would also venture to say that there isn't really enough click volume to generate many calls. How are you tracking calls? If you receive 1 call per day, that's almost a 10% conversion rate, which would be pretty solid. Unless you're using a call tracking software, one call per day or one call every other day could easily go without being attributed to your PPC campaign.

I hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Amy, Thanks for all your input, im going to try to work on the things you mentioned, and yes i have a call tracker so i should know if anyone calls from the ad, and also anytime someone calls i usually ask how they found us. I built the website myself so im not surprised you said its out dated, i guess ill try to play with a different lay out, once again thanks for your input

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Max,

I would add one more thing here.

When your aim is to get phone calls, make sure to make the phone number prominent on the website. It should be contrasted from the main content. Doing this will catch the eyeball easily and will add to your call conversions. 

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for your advise, i changed up the lay out to the website last night
, can you take a look at it again and see what you think about it now,

Thank you,
Max

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Amy i changed the layou and the website itself, do you think it looks better the way it is now?