AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Not making same keywords compete from different brands but same industry and services.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am advertising for 2 clients that are from the same industry and offer the same services. So essentially most of the keywords are same for both except for a few. The owner for both the businesses is the same person and he does not want them to compete against each other in Adwords. How can I make them not compete against each other? I tried scheduling but that has reduced the conversions by half due to time exposure. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Not making same keywords compete from different brands but same industry and services.

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Hello @Perform M,

What you can do is keep different bids for each account. For example for one account keep the top position bid while for the other keep the first page bid. 

Regards,

Syed Sayem Mustafa

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the comment. The idea is to make only one brand/campaign appear in search results at a time so the other does not appear. Any work around for that except for scheduling?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Also, the location is the same so someone searching for a particular keyword should not see ads from both campaigns.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Perform M,

Either you can target the different geographic from both the accounts/campaigns or you can use scheduling on the basis of 'days of the week' rather than 'hours of the day'.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Perform M,

If the owner of the business is the same person and he is selling same/similar products in the same geography through both the websites, you should ideally be using one account. The point should be to increase sales, not to cannibalise performance.

The best would be to have separate campaigns for these two websites from the same AdWords account. It will stop showing ads from both the websites at the same time. AdWords picks only one ad from one account for a particular keyword.

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC. | Splashsys Webtech
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.