4.4K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Not getting the same results with adwords as I was with a 3rd party company

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I switched over to adwords recently from a 3rd party company that was helping me out on their own platform. Was getting 3-4x ROI.

Now I have been on adwords for a month, and as of a week ago, finally got my code installed right to track $ conversions.

But I am not seeing the same ROI. The reach, image ads, and demographics are the same as the 3rd party company. Results are not.

Where do I even begin to diagnose this, or do I forget about the 3rd party company?

thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not getting the same results with adwords as I was with a 3rd party company

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Are these platforms mutually exclusive? Why can't you run both?

There are a couple of things to mention here.

If you got your code installed recently and the numbers are not what you expected - are you sure that the numbers you were seeing before were correct?

In general AdWords is reliable in terms of scale... obviously at some point the law of diminishing returns kicks in and that will depend upon the breadth and depth of your market - but in most cases, once you've got your base numbers, doubling the budget will double the volume.

If you are seeing the "same" traffic coming through and the results are so dramatically different then something else has changed. If the other company can get you a genuine 4x ROI - go back and beg them to take you back. But be sure that this was genuine.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Well, they ripped me off. Their report data showed 6x+ ROI, and invested based on that. But when I ran the numbers it was 3x. Found out I was not the only one.

My investment is 1/3 what it was with them to make sure I am on track. Just not seeing the numbers

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Sorry to hear that but, unfortunately, not surprised.....

You'll probably do better yourself.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you but is it possible 3rd party has something I am missing if I copied the same ads and budget?

Sent from my iPhone

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
If you have changed platforms for your website, it is possible that your new tracking is under-reporting. This regularly is a problem for sites that accept PayPal, for example.