Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Not Getting Leads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Folks,

I have an Adwords account and my ads are running, getting clicks and spending the budget properly. But, I haven't got any leads out of the amount spent. :smileysad: No phone calls, no emails; nothing.

I tried two variations of landing pages, nither of them worked. I have images, contact form, phone number, powerful call to action lines, testimonials, services USP, portfolio of previous work, terms and condition links etc.

Well, when the first design of landing page did work then I decided to take an idea from my competitors. I have eveything which is needed on a successful landing page. Also, I have checked that all of my contact forms are working properly as I tried sending test queries and they were recieved successfully. 

Could you help me with your ideas? 

Thanks

Adaptativeincre

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Not Getting Leads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Adaptativeincre,

Well, when the first design of landing page did work then I decided to take an idea from my competitors. I have eveything which is needed on a successful landing page. Also, I have checked that all of my contact forms are working properly as I tried sending test queries and they were recieved successfully. 

You said one landing page was good. I cannot comment on it until you can share your page here if that's ok with you.

What is the status of leads, conversions, phone calls etc... from other traffic sources? Do you have Google Analytics installed and are you getting anything out from other sources?

How long have you been running Adwords and how much is the traffic? I am asking this because some businesses might see conversions ASAP and some might take time to expand.

Are you using Call extensions or call extensions with Google forwarding number in your Adwords?

I hope you have installed the Conversion Tracking script on your goal completion pages i.e. either contact thanks or check out success page (in case of product business)

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am sorry, let me correct myself.

"Well, when the first design of landing page did not work then I decided to take an idea from my competitors. I have eveything which is needed on a successful landing page. Also, I have checked that all of my contact forms are working properly as I tried sending test queries and they were recieved successfully."

My first landing page was not good; I did not receive any queries out of it. So, I decided to change it.

No, we are running PPC campaign only, so there is not any source of leads at present. Yes, the analytics has been installed but as the code has been changed since we got new landing pages designed, there is no data in Analytics as of now.

Running Adwords from the last 1 month got no more than 30 clicks. Our business is web design and development on technologies like Php, Joomla, eCommerce etc.

No, we are not using call extensions but address and site links extensions. Ours' is a service based website, how can I go after conversion tracking then?

Kindly resolve.

Thanks
Adaptativeincre

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again,

It's a tough situation here since you have been changing analytics code as well, as you said above.

But I am not quite sure why because you could have created multiple copies of landing page using the same domain. Let's say your domain is example.com. You could have created different landing pages exclusively for PPC like example.com/PHP, example.com/joomla, example.com/ecommerce etc... Tha'ts one way of trying out. In this case you won't have to change the analytics code but have to direct your Adwords account to those pages.

The business you are into (web development) is very competitve and demands high max. CPC to begin with as far as my knowledge goes. So, I am not sure how exactly you structured your account and what match types you used.

Did you check the search terms for the one month you ran the campaigns? Were they relevant or not?

I would advice you to use the appropriate amount of unique content and images in your landing pages and give away some offers in terms of what's practically possible along with good Call to Actions.

Try including a contact form in the first fold on top right side so that user could see it during the first contact and if finds anything interesting, tries to fill that up and send enquiry to you.

Read this article for more details.

For service based website, I mostly use the Call Extensions and probably call extensions with Google Forwarding number so that desktop users could see the ad, call you and you can check the details under Dimensions Tab>> Call details. You can read more about this feature in this article.

I hope you have linked Adwords with Analytics because that way you can monitor the performance of your landing pages in terms of more details like bounce rate, avg. time etc...

There's a very interesting feature out there in Google Analytics called Content Experiments, where you can compare the online traffic trends and see what's working and what not. Read more about it in this reference.

It will take sometime for you to actually see the results coming. So work around the suggestions and let us know if that helps or not.

Best of Luck!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Adaptativeincre

For how long has your campaign being been running?

Have you installed the Conversion Tracking Code?

I can understand that getting leads can be hard. Please consider the following points:

• Site the 'Auction Insight Reports' and analyse other competing URL domains for your top performing keywords. Analyse their websites in terms of incentives and other marketing tactics offered
  • Is your website 'mobile' and 'tablet responsive'? Smart phones play a big part so its essential you make your site use friendly for those devices
  • Understand the 'product buying cycle' of your product/services offered. Should these be relatively expensive, people tend to shop around for the cheapest prices so they might not buy straight away. Certain of level patients must be shown for this (hence my initial question - How long has your campaign being running?).

I hope this helps. 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
web design is highly competitive and there are many different kind of customer that have different needs, want different pricing, etc.

I would make sure that you are getting relevant traffic. It sounds like you have very little data (1 month no more than 30 clicks) so that is not much to evaluate and judge but you should try to evaluate this traffic. Have you been running search terms reports to make sure you are getting good quality traffic? i.e. not getting traffic from people looking for templates or DIY websites?

Also are you targeting a large area? It may be a good idea to start smaller with a local market due to the fact that the competition is very high. Then when you get your feet under you, you can consider expanding our farther.

Run the Search Terms Report to start http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2472708

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Guys,

This is just to underline Kim's words in that web/logo/graphic design is an extremely competitive market. Some of the main reasons are as follow: 

- probably too many service providers (SPs)

- service can be done remotely

- SPs are computer savvy hence they all have websites and sponsored links

- SPs regularly receive free coupons from Google

- users are aware that they can choose from hundreds of offers hence they are heavy-duty comparison shoppers (they often click and only seldom convert)

Based on the above I suggest you follow Kim's advice regarding starting small and expanding only if you are ROI-positive.

Best,

Lakatos

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, the code has been changed once and now the account shows data properly.

We have created 9 different pages dedicated to their respective ad groups. The idea is to get user the most appropriate landing page whereby he can find the information he is looking for. We have put content accordingly with relevant page meta tags, keywords in H1 tag and bold, images highlighting offers and prices etc.

I am using modified broad match for all of the keywords.

I have three different ad groups with different target regions in Australia. I have also made sure that no ad group conflicts with each other as far as target regions are concerned.

‘Call to action’ terms are included in adverts as well as in landing pages.

A contact form has been placed on the top right of the page. It has been highlighted using attractive colors and design combo.

We target Australia as a region so; I guess there is no scope of adding Call extensions there.

The primary concern is Bounce Rate. It is 100% in most of the click we received so far. I really don’t understand why it is so high. I have checked the ad URLs for three times, they are correct. All of the landing pages take less time to open. Almost everything is in place, the phone number, the contact form, price tags, keywords, content, images, terms and condition page, portfolio, testimonials, benefits, contact email id, address etc.

Kindly help.

Thanks

Adaptativeince

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Check your search terms report.  Broad Match Modified (BMM) can turn up irrelevant search terms.  Go to the Keywords Tab > Keyword Details button and look at all keyword in a given adgroup for 30 days and let us know what kind of search terms your ads have been appearing on.  Also what is the CTR of those BMM keywords?

As for bounce rates...  They can be misleading.  IF you have created these special landing pages with the call to action and contact form on them AND someone does not fill out the form then I would expect 100% bounce rates.  Sounds like they would not need to move from the landing page to any other page in the site the way you set things up so unless they fill out the form I would expect you to see high bounce rates....what is the average time on page?

Kim

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Kim for the kind response.

I have checked search terms reports. These are always relevant. People are searching for the keywords related terms and these terms are triggering my ads. I keep checking them from search terms reports.

The average account wide CTR is 2% at present. 

I agree with you that visitor need not to move to other landing pages but they should spend some time at least reading the text and offers place on my ppc landing pages. Analytics says the average time of duration stays 00.00.00

Please refer to the following image for more info:

100% bounce rate

Kindly look at it and suggest what could be the problem.

Thanks

Adaptativeincre