AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Not Getting Leads From Adwords Campaign.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Friends,

I run Adwords campaign for keywords like web designing, web developement, joomla developers, drupal consultants etc.

So far, the account has received 32 clicks with 1500 impressions. Geo targeting has been set up quite perfect. Also, all of the keywords are in modified broad match so, it hasn’t received any loose clicks. We are getting enough exposure and we are satisfied with the existing performance.

With landing pages, we have designed them perfectly. We have address, phone number, Skype ID, contact email etc on the top left corner of the page. Then we have a beautifully designed and well promoted request a quote form which grabs attention of visitors. When we scroll down further, page content is there which is; keyword rich, contain links to important technology pages and important highlighted text.

Then we have our USP listed in very nicely framed lines. On the right of this section we have a call to action line, contact phone places in a beautifully designed box. Testimonials and portfolio is there below this box.

In footer, we have links to important pages like home, privacy policy etc.

The main problem is that we are not getting leads at all. We have tried changing landing pages many times and we have improved a lot. The latest ppc page design is good and we are expecting a lot from it from as it is new and uploaded on the website 3-4 days ago, we are in deep trouble due to lack of leads.

Please help with some suggestions.

Thanks

Adaptativeincre

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author adaptativeincre
September 2015

Re: Not Getting Leads From Adwords Campaign.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello adaptativeincre

You have a CTR of roughly 2%, while users getting to your landing page are not converting.

I would, first try to improve your CTR. If higher CTR does not improve conversion rate (currently - 0), then we'll have to check the content and design of your landing page.

Our community manager, Zee, prepared a neat post, wrapping up CTR improvement tips

Get the basics right: One quick step to improve your AdWords CTR

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author adaptativeincre
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello adaptativeincre

You have a CTR of roughly 2%, while users getting to your landing page are not converting.

I would, first try to improve your CTR. If higher CTR does not improve conversion rate (currently - 0), then we'll have to check the content and design of your landing page.

Our community manager, Zee, prepared a neat post, wrapping up CTR improvement tips

Get the basics right: One quick step to improve your AdWords CTR

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Moshe.

I have been reading your solutions in Adwords community; have been following the same too. Smiley Happy

I had more questions in mind but for now, I am accepting your solution of improving CTR. Seems like improving CTR is one stop solution to all of Adwords problems.

I have put a pause on less performing keywords in the account. Also, there are few keywords which dont have any clicks at all despite of having ample impressions. I have increased bids for them so as to achieve top adrank for them. 

I am thinking of writing new ad text for my keywords, I hope it will help to improve CTR too. Kindly let me know about your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks again.

Adaptativeincre

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

The people clicking on your ads aren't getting what they expect from your landing page or the traffic is too generic and they are simply clicking out of curiousity. Use your ads to let them know what to expect before they enter your landing page. If your keywords are too generic, refine them to target the people who are ready to convert.

Roy

Clickmaximus.com

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@clickmaximus;

I agree , this is probably the cause. However with my engineering line of thinking, I want first to eliminate the option of low CTR...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi clickmaximus

I have selected keywords very precisely. There is not point in selecting generic keywords as bids for such keywords goes very high. I agree with you about writing new ad texts, so I am doing that.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks

Adaptativeincre

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star

Good afternoon.

If I can add a thought to the discussion, you may find that even modified broad match is pulling too wide a variety of searches. You might considering using a highly focused keyword list of exact and phrase matches, instead.

Also, you don't mention your negative keyword list. I've had clients in your industry and can verify that a large percentage of the searchers are looking for free online tools and templates, not paid services. Make sure your negative keyword list blocks that kind of search, since you're not likely to be able to convert those people.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*