AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Not Getting Leads From Adwords Campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

In the Feb month, I run a campaign and got a very good result: (13th Feb - 20th Mar)

Impression: 20,850
Clicks: 673

Conversion: 7.13%

But again I have started the same campaign again and got: (18th April - Till Date)

Impression: 2,498
Clicks: 85

Conversion: 3.53%

Why my conversion is less this time if all the setup is same??

Regards,

Aslam

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aslam S
April 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Aslam S,

Based on the above data my best educated guess is that either the market has shrunk due to something like seasonality or the competitors have moved ahead to take a bit larger market share. Actually either of the 2 opportunities might prove equally likely and of course what you experience regarding the drop in impressions may well be the impact on you of some combination of the 2 factors.

Specifically the drop in CR may well be due to some natural variation since 85 clicks cannot be regarded as a statistically very meaningful sample. It's more likely, however, that an increased activity on part of your competitors leaves you with the less useful clicks and hence the reduction in the conversion rate. (Just compare the avg ad position values of the clicks in the 2 periods of time.)

Best,

Lakatos

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aslam S
April 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Aslam S,

Based on the above data my best educated guess is that either the market has shrunk due to something like seasonality or the competitors have moved ahead to take a bit larger market share. Actually either of the 2 opportunities might prove equally likely and of course what you experience regarding the drop in impressions may well be the impact on you of some combination of the 2 factors.

Specifically the drop in CR may well be due to some natural variation since 85 clicks cannot be regarded as a statistically very meaningful sample. It's more likely, however, that an increased activity on part of your competitors leaves you with the less useful clicks and hence the reduction in the conversion rate. (Just compare the avg ad position values of the clicks in the 2 periods of time.)

Best,

Lakatos

Re: Not Getting Leads From Adwords Campaign

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @Lakatos

Thanks for the reply. I will check few weeks to get more statistics on this.

Regards,

Aslam

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You're welcome, @Aslam S ... Smiley Happy