Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Not Getting Clicks

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

One of my keyword is appearing in 1.5 position. The Keyword is in Exact Match , Per day Impression  3000 but not clicks.

What I  Do ?

Thanks

Ramesh

Re: Not Getting Clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ramesh,

The most likely reason is your ad copy. Your ad is not compelling enough or is segemnting your audience to much or is not relevant (or clearly relevant) to the keyword that it is triggering.

The ad may also be triggering for non-related keywords and is thus not getting any clicks.

What keywords are triggering the ad? Would you be able to show us the ad copy by typing the ad out here? Have you looked at the search query report for that ad group and seen what user search queries are triggering the ad?

Thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ramesh,

I agree with Clynton. Likely, you are either showing for irrelevant keywords or your ad isn't engaging enough. You should consider building out a negative keyword list to try to block irrelevant traffic.

Otherwise, it is possible that your traffic is relevant but just too high in the funnel. Are you able to tell us what the keyword is? If it is a head term, the queries may look relevant but the searchers may just be doing research and might not be ready to buy.

Hope this helps!

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Ramesh,

You are using Exact match and you actually see 3000 impressions in your account for that exact match keyword? ( Not planner estimates- but actual impressions?)

If that is the case then Like Clynton and Amy state, your Ad copy needs to be reviewed.

Double check your targeting methods and Device as well to make sure you are being seen where you want to be seen.

Sometimes your Ad copy may use verbiage that is not correct for your target area, or the offer is mismatched. But hard to image not a single click for 3000 impressions. * We are talking search network correct, I can image that in Display, but not even a single false click in search?

Check that ad copy, make a few more versions as an A/B test. Also check your setting if you have more then one Ad copy and change it back to Rotate evenly for 90 days.

Let us know what happens this is an interesting case I want to learn more about.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi All,

Please check

Ad copy

Chennai RoundTrip $650
{KeyWord:Flights to Chennai}.
Call & Get Extra $40 Disc Coupon.

Keyword [cheap flights to chennai]

but today i got only 16 clicks / 3,189 Impression

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ramesh Bhatt
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ramesh,

Firstly, before I get into the main reason for this post. Where exactly are you targeting your ads? (location targeting)

I would suggest ad testing and competitor analysis. Ad testing is a vast subject so I would suggest doing plenty of reading on the subject as there is plenty of material out there.

A few pointers to TEST (not implement straight out but test them against your current copy) after you ensure that your ad rotation settings are set to rotate evenly:
Try using an active verb in your headline.
Lose the DKI, you are using exact match terms here for a highly competitive vertical. Everyone is going to be using DKI and choice fatigue is definitely playing a part. Your ad looks exactly like every other ad. make it STAND out, not blend in. It does not help making your ad bold if every ad is bold, and using the exact same words.
You have spent the whole ad, and I mean every single line talking about cheap or the price of the flight. This is wasting your limited space. You need to mention other things besides price or cheap. In fact when I did a search on Google only one ad mentioned exact price. The others all talked about service or other things that set them apart (extra luggage allowance etc). You need to show them what else sets you apart, everyone claims to be cheap or affordable, plus you are exact match targeting cheap, so mentioning it once is more than enough.
Use extensions! as many as you can, call out extensions are a great one here as they allow you to show more benefits.

Ad testing is where you need to start. There is nothing special about the ad above and it does not entice people to click, in fact you are asking people to call. Is this a mobile ad? If not then change that 'call' CTA to 'enquire'. and make mobile preferred ads that say 'call' but make sure to track calls.

There is just so much to go into, so I suggest reading a few articles on ad copy, and ensure that your account structure is solid.

Hope this helps

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Clynton,

Thanks for your suggestions, it's really helpful for me .

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Glad I could help!