5.3K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Normalizing Change History Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Does anyone have a method in which they use to normalize the change history report in Adwords?

I am trying to look at my % bid increases by region the last year and how that correlates with my CPC/CPA by day but the .csv file it spits out is a mess. All of the regional bid increases share a call.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johnny H
September 2015

Re: Normalizing Change History Report

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Johnny,

If you have linked your AdWords and Analytics account, it is pretty easy to achieve what you are actually looking for. 

1. In the respective Google Analytics Account, Click Acquisition > AdWords > Bid Adjustments

2. Adjust the date range on which you want to analyze this data

3. By default, Analytics will show the reports based on the primary dimension of Device Type. Click on Location as shown below.

aa.png

You can easily co-relate the Location Bidding Changes and the Clicks, Cost and CPC. Only, if you are using Conversion Tracking through Analytics, you can able to calculate the CPA by downloading this report. 

If you have used AdWords Conversion Tracking, I fear you cannot able to correlate the Conversion Metrics. Hope at least some part of your query has been solved.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Johnny H
September 2015

Re: Normalizing Change History Report

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Johnny,

If you have linked your AdWords and Analytics account, it is pretty easy to achieve what you are actually looking for. 

1. In the respective Google Analytics Account, Click Acquisition > AdWords > Bid Adjustments

2. Adjust the date range on which you want to analyze this data

3. By default, Analytics will show the reports based on the primary dimension of Device Type. Click on Location as shown below.

aa.png

You can easily co-relate the Location Bidding Changes and the Clicks, Cost and CPC. Only, if you are using Conversion Tracking through Analytics, you can able to calculate the CPA by downloading this report. 

If you have used AdWords Conversion Tracking, I fear you cannot able to correlate the Conversion Metrics. Hope at least some part of your query has been solved.

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed