AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Non Producing Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to adwords and the few times I have used this community it has been very helpful.

Question, I have about 1/3 of my keywords that haven't had any impressions in the past 5 days. I have about 7000 total impressions for the same period.

Should I keep these keywords active? Should I delete or pause them?

I don't want them to affect my QS by having them active (most have a status of low search volume).

What do you think?

Thanks, once again, for your assistance.

rcosny

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rcosnyc
September 2015

Re: Non Producing Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi rcosny,

Keywords that get no impressions have no effect on your account or campaign scores, good or bad. Keywords with "low search volume" do not affect your account or campaign scores. All scores are based on CTR, and that can not be calculated for keywords with no impressions.

If the keywords have performed in the past or if you have reason to believe they will perform well in the future, keep them active. If you're tired of seeing the non-operforming keywords in the UI, delete them. If they are not useful now but could be useful in a different season, pause them.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rcosnyc
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi rcosny,

Keywords that get no impressions have no effect on your account or campaign scores, good or bad. Keywords with "low search volume" do not affect your account or campaign scores. All scores are based on CTR, and that can not be calculated for keywords with no impressions.

If the keywords have performed in the past or if you have reason to believe they will perform well in the future, keep them active. If you're tired of seeing the non-operforming keywords in the UI, delete them. If they are not useful now but could be useful in a different season, pause them.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very helpful, Thanks

rcosny