AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Improve your AdWords performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

Noindex Landing pages are relevant for adwords ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello you Smiley Wink 

I'm wondering if noindex can have an Influence on performance of Adwords (adgroup).

As we know lot of factors can modify QS but I'm wondering if NoFollow (inside source code) can be a problem for Adwords .

To my mind I think : No influence. 

But wondering if someone have other state of mind or experiences. 

Thanks for any answer

Be safe.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Noindex Landing pages are relevant for adwords ?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Fred R,

The main factor in QS is CTR.

For keywords, the expected CTR based on the history of the keyword in your account and possibly all accounts.
For ad relevance, it's the combination of the keyword and ad CTR.
For extensions, the CTR when the extension is shown.

The landing page relevance is a big black box. We know page load speed is a big factor. We know user experience is a factor. We don't know that appearance of your keyword on the landing page has any effect on the relevancy of the page. So, make sure your page loads fast enough. Use the Google PageSpeed tool. You'll get a score for mobile load time and mobile usability. You'll also get scores for desktop. These scores should be at least 90/100. Do the best you can:
http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Then work on improving your CTR. Do you have any of the competitive metrics columns enabled? Take a look at the relative CTR for your keywords. If it is low, that's a major issue for QS. Bid higher for a better position, move to a separate ad group with more specific ad copy for that keyword or group of keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Noindex will have no impact on performance. Infact it is good to apply NoIndex to your landing pages so that they don't get indexed and create duplicate content issue.

Google has different algorithm for Organic and Paid search.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks RajK,

Yes I know for different Algorithm PPC vs SEO
But I had different result on try but I don't think it's noindex & nofollow side effects.

I try to find each part of my landing pages can decrease QS and relevance on PPC Ads.

Thanks so much for your answer.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Fred,

There is no impact of no-index and nofollow on PPC landing page as well the QS.
Factors matters for QS:
Expected CTR (takes in account account history also)
ad Relevancy (with keywords)
Landing page experience (including load time, content quality, relevancy with the ads and keywords.)

But if there is unique content on the PPC landing page(no duplicate content) then you can avoid these as it will benefit your organic traffic.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Archit,

The main problem is when you work with lot of Keywords so the landingpage cannot be perfect to get a clean QS > or = 7
I try to also work on divide lot of adgroup but it's don't work enough for great result.

Do you think URL exact match keywords is a high factor for QS ?
Thanks for any answer.

Take Care.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Pros and cons are there with exact match type:

You will get highly targeted traffic or very less irrelevant traffic.
but avg CPC will be high.
Else you may loose some good/relevant traffic as the user query will be exactly the same for exact match hence you will not get latest trend/searches by the users to build up/enhance your keyword list from the search term report.

Best option is to bifurcate your adgroups with reduced number of tightly themed keywords to boost up the relevancy.

Regards
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Fred R,

The main factor in QS is CTR.

For keywords, the expected CTR based on the history of the keyword in your account and possibly all accounts.
For ad relevance, it's the combination of the keyword and ad CTR.
For extensions, the CTR when the extension is shown.

The landing page relevance is a big black box. We know page load speed is a big factor. We know user experience is a factor. We don't know that appearance of your keyword on the landing page has any effect on the relevancy of the page. So, make sure your page loads fast enough. Use the Google PageSpeed tool. You'll get a score for mobile load time and mobile usability. You'll also get scores for desktop. These scores should be at least 90/100. Do the best you can:
http://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Then work on improving your CTR. Do you have any of the competitive metrics columns enabled? Take a look at the relative CTR for your keywords. If it is low, that's a major issue for QS. Bid higher for a better position, move to a separate ad group with more specific ad copy for that keyword or group of keywords.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Pete,

Thanks so much for your answer. I'm agree with you about CTR Factor inside QS.
Our website is really fast for level of quantity of pages.

I try to find any small problem can decrease our CTR. I have also a problem 'cause I try to catch lot of volume of audience with generic word.
I think URL is also important's factor on QS, maybe less than CTR but I have lot of ads without all Keywords inside Ads 'cause I need to work on long and middle Tail on high volume of KW. Actually i'm testing SKAG's method but the first result is not great.

I try to find also a way about LongTail problem with limit landingpage and lot of keywords more than million.
Thanks to share your state of mind.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

High Archit,

I'm totally agree with you about irrelevant traffic, but can of hard to find a way with High level of Keywords, very high.
So for this reason it's hard to create small adgroups with very tightly keywords theme.

Maybe it's can be better to create lot of campaigns .... but same problem.
I think Adgroup affect campaign power and result. But hard to organize with lot of campaign too Smiley Wink

Take care

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
Hi,

First of all using excessive number of keywords is not the solution to get more traffic as every keyword will not gather the impressions, may be 50% of your keywords remain with 0 impressions. So, better is using few but highly targeted keywords with different match types. Get help from the search term report to add adgroup/campaign keywords as well as negative keywords.

As you have said that it will be quite difficult to break the adgroups further due to lot of campaigns, you can try DKI in ads. Though it will be complicated to manage the tracking but you can try ads with DKI to few of your adgroups as a test and then compare & analyse the QS.

Regards