Guide Me
star_border

Nofollow and No Index landing pages

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have multiple Landing pages with similar content:

I read many articles whether to Index those pages or not and solution I found, I Should not Index those pages as this will cause duplicate content on my website.

My Question is about NoFollow: Should i add "Meta nofollow" to my landing pages or not? How does it effect Quality Score?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Nofollow and No Index landing pages

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Why do you have multiple pages with the same content?
Are these pages targeting different locations?
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
In order to make landing page little close to search term. We have changed webpage heading but underlying content is same for all pages.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again Coupon ;

In terms of Adwords It would not matter,
Also note that, if the goal is to improve QS - I don't think that would make any difference. The primary factor for QS is CTR. So, I would recommend working / improving CTR and not (attempting)  "technical manipulations" of the content.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello,

A small addition to what Moshe said above, if I talk specific about AdWords and how Landing Page quality is calculated, you shouldn't be excluding your landing page from review because that is going to create a huge impact if AdWords crawler is unable to review it and might impact the overall quality and thereby affecting the Ad Rank as well. Read more details here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404197?hl=en

Your landing page should have unique content and as much relevant as it can be in syn with your campaigns you are creating. Relevancy is the prime objective and rest comes later.

In terms of your optimization of the account, as Moshe said, focus on your CTR and rest follows up.

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Pankaj,

What do you mean by "you shouldn't be excluding your landing page from review..." . Does using meta robots as noindex will block adwords bot to review pages? Or its meta robots nofollow to block adwords bot to review pages? Please guide!

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Coupon,

Google uses a bot called “adsbot-Google” to crawl destination URLs for quality score purposes. If you are adding noindex or nofollow tags, it might block, Google's Ads Bot as well. Crawling is very much important, for analyzing your Landing Page Experience which has a direct influence on Quality Score as well as Ad Rank. Your answer to your question, depends on how you have configured your robots.txt. 

To make sure, you are not having a misconfigured Robots.txt, go to webmaster tools > Crawl > robots.txt Tester. There is a tester bar available with a drop-down at the right. Select Adsbot-Google, and click Test. For additional reference, I have attached an image as well.

we.png

Thanks!

Shafi Ahamed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Coupon A, 

I have exactly the same situation. I see that this message trail was from 2014 - Can you please tell me how you got on? Based on your experience, can you advise if I should I add "Meta nofollow" to my landing pages? On the one hand I think that I should, because if i don't I will have issues with duplicate content. On the other-hand, I am worried that if I add "Meta Nofollow" the “adsbot-Google” might not be able to crawl the page, resulting in a low quality score! 

Would really appreciate any advice you can offer. 

Charlotte 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.