Guide Me
star_border

No impressions on Search Network with Display Select

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello All!

Okay, I have had a campaign set up for some time now that used to get impressions, clicks, etc. Now I am not getting any impressions at all. I have not changed anything drastic so I am not sure if this is something that Adwords has changed or some very small change I made. This campaign is set up in the Search Network with Display Select and that has never changed. All of my other campaigns are running great. This is the only one that I am having serious issues with and can't seem to find good information for this problem anywhere else. Any ideas on how I can start getting impressions again? Thanks so much!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Micah W
September 2015

Re: No impressions on Search Network with Display Select

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Micah W,

You need to cross check certain things in your campaign:

> Please go to Ad Preview tool and run a query and see if you are getting any message.
> Please see your billing tab and check if you have balance in your account.
> Please check under ad column if the adcopies are approved and active.
> Sometimes account goes under review, see if this is not the case with you.
> cross check change history if there is any change which can effect impressions

may be the above suggestions are very general and you have already checked these. Please let us know if this is the case.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Micah W
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Micah W,

You need to cross check certain things in your campaign:

> Please go to Ad Preview tool and run a query and see if you are getting any message.
> Please see your billing tab and check if you have balance in your account.
> Please check under ad column if the adcopies are approved and active.
> Sometimes account goes under review, see if this is not the case with you.
> cross check change history if there is any change which can effect impressions

may be the above suggestions are very general and you have already checked these. Please let us know if this is the case.

Thanks
Neha
Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Neha,

I had checked all of those except for the Ad Preview tool. I ran a query and this is the message I received: "Your ad can't show to users who aren't on the remarketing lists you've added to this ad group."

Now, I have this same campaign set up in the Display Network only and it is also not getting any impressions. The display network can't run a remarketing list though, so I'm not convinced that this is the main problem. This campaign was performing well from March 2013 through August 2013 and then something happened and it just quit performing all together. I have checked the change history and there isn't anything out of the ordinary that was changed. This is really baffling to me as all of my other campaigns are running great in this account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Neha,

I deleted the remarketing campaign and did my own search for those specific keywords and I am now showing impressions! I still need to figure out why my display network campaign isn't showing any impressions, but this is a rather specific niche so it may just be that no one has been searching for these terms right now as well. Thank you so much for your help!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi there;
In addition to the checks suggested by Neha; Have you changed the targeting methods for the display?
What targeting methods are you using? (For the display campaign)
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Sorry for getting back late: "The display network can't run a remarketing list though, so I'm not convinced that this is the main problem" - I did not understand this?

If you have a remarketing lists added in your display campaign and list has gathered less then 100 users it won;t show up any impressions.

- Neha

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Oops.... is this a "search with display select" or a "pure" display? - This is not clear, and might be the root cause.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
MosheTLV: I have one set up as the search with display select and another that is display only. I deleted the remarketing campaign for the Search with Display Select and am now showing impressions, however my duplicate campaign I have under Display only is still not showing any impressions. I don't have an option for adding a remarketing list to this Display only campaign so I am not sure what the issue with this one is as of yet.
Neha: Thank you so much for your help using the Ad Preview tool. I had completely forgotten to check there. I do understand that having the remarketing list under 100 users won't show any impressions, but I had gotten some in the past with the remarketing list in effect. So, I wasn't sure why it just quit working after awhile.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ah, I do see the remarketing list for the Display Network. Okay, I did start this one later on so it must not have enough users yet to show impressions. Thank you everyone!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor
just a side note: what are the targeting methods you are using for the display?