AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

No impressions, no clicks

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If there are no impressions and no clicks for a given keyword, should we delete that keyword or is it better to add it as a negative keyword?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: No impressions, no clicks

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Arise,

You can read about "Keywords with Low search volume in this article

I've copied the relevant text for you:

• When you have a keyword with low search volume, you have a couple of options:
    • You can choose to do nothing and wait for us to automatically check again in a week. If more people start searching for your keyword, we'll reactivate it. This option can be particularly helpful if you're advertising a new brand, term, or product.
    • You can delete the keyword and use the Keyword Tool to find additional keyword ideas.

Good Luck,

Asaf

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Eric (Google Employee)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Arise,

You can read about "Keywords with Low search volume in this article

I've copied the relevant text for you:

• When you have a keyword with low search volume, you have a couple of options:
    • You can choose to do nothing and wait for us to automatically check again in a week. If more people start searching for your keyword, we'll reactivate it. This option can be particularly helpful if you're advertising a new brand, term, or product.
    • You can delete the keyword and use the Keyword Tool to find additional keyword ideas.

Good Luck,

Asaf

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you, Asaf!  That's great advice.  And thanks for the links!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I'm glad I could help Smiley Very Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Does a keyword with low search volume affect your campaigns (i.e. does it affect quality score)?

Are there any negative affects to just keeping the keyword in you campaign, or should you remove it to improve the campaign?