AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

No impressions in some placement websites?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In my display campaign i am getting more impressions in one site ,no impressions in other websites targeted. i created different size ads relevant to Placement Websites.

but i getting impressions only one site .  i am not getting impressions in websites like 

youtube, thehindu, mtsindia.in

what i need to do , were i need to focus like in budget or ads or location ?

No impressions in some placement websites?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Digital R,

Are you targeting each placement in the same adgroup under your display campaign? Are you only targeting specific placements or have you also selected specific topics and interests & remarketing?

I have found that having both topics and Interests & remarketing options selected within the same adgroup drops the amount of impressions since the targeted audience is intensely refined. 

There are two options I would suggest to fix this issue and increase your impressions. The first one is faster while the second takes more time but may help further.

Option 1:

In your display campaign create two separate adgroups.

Have Adgroup 1 target all 3 placements as well as topics.

Have Adgroup 2 target all 3 placements as well as Interests & Remarketing. 

In both campaigns set the placements to "Target And Bid"

Then set Topics/Interests & Remarketing to "Bid Only"

Option 2:

Create 3 different campaigns - one for each placement

Create two adgroups in each campaign. 

Have Adgroup 1 target topics.

Have Adgroup 2 target Interests & Remarketing

Then set Topics/Interests & Remarketing to "Bid Only"

I have done this on multiple campaigns and have noticed a jump in impressions, an even better CTR and a lower CPC!

I hope this helps!