AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Improve your Google Ads performance and boost your ROI, CTR, and Quality Score
Guide Me
star_border

No ads are showing for certain keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been searching for keywords on the preview and diagnosis tool, and for some keywords there will be no ads, for me or competitors. And other ones there is only or two ads shown at the bottom. How and why does Google determine if they shouldn't show ads for certain queries?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Your bids could be too low, your quality score could be reducing rank below page 1, or your campaign budget too low for the ad to be shown frequently. Does the search term you are entering match the keyword? The impression stats reported are the most reliable way to determine whether the ads are showing. 

Suggest you add these three columns to the "Keywords" page:  Est First Page bid, Est Top Page bid, Est First position bid. Your bid needs to be at least at the "Est First Page Bid" level. 

hth

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Alex R,

Keywords that produce no ads usually indicates other advertisers have used the keyword with little or no success.

Keywords need a minimum ad rank in order to trigger ads. I don't know what that number is. Same is true for showing at the top or at the bottom, a minimum ad rank is required to show at the top.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords